Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Marco Polo EV Campervan

" a 2 invoice transaction"? Hmmmmmm

If it’s anything like the one tested on 5th gear last night I wouldn’t bother. With a range of around 90 miles and a TOP speed of 75 mph with the limiter off. For optimum range it’s a top speed of 50 mph unloaded. 20 mph up hill. What a joke... the VW was JUST slightly better but a range of only 80 miles.

My EV has a claimed range of 233, but has never achieved more than 180 miles.
Manurfacture also recommends only charging to 80% to prolong battery life, which equates to 150/160 miles.
Can't imagine what a fully loaded van will achieve, perhaps this will start a new kind of vacation touring the many charging points of the Uk!

The ranges in Diesel Petrol and EV are always very poor estimates and worked out in perfect conditions. The only car I’ve ever had that was reasonably accurate was a Mini Cooper 3 cylinder diesel which gave around 75 mpg on a long run both on computer and full to full.
One day the car manufacturers will have to tell it like it is in day to day driving. I would imagine that with the new controlled speed limiters coming in mid 2022 fuel consumption will improve.

Back