Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for a California Exclusive

E

Exclusively T4

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the group. I have a family of four and we're keen to get out on the open road.

I'm currently searching for a California Exclusive camper. I'm looking in all of the usual places... eBay, Facebook groups, gumtree, etc, but I can't find a van that's right for me. Ideally, I'd like to pay a little more for a good condition / lower mileage example.

If you're aware of a good example that's coming up for sale please let me know.

Cash waiting.

Regards

Mark

Hey Mark
how old are the kids? With 2 grownups an Exclusive meets its limits, been there. But it's u great van and we still love it! Don't think there are that many around in UK, and Brexit makes import/export quite a hassle. You could pop the question in this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1567436983542048
Good luck!
Bart

Hi Bart,

They are 5&7 and growing quick. Thanks for the tip. I’ll give that a try!

There are plenty in Germany. All depends if you can live with LHD and the hassle of registering in the UK. If not a daily driver and you plan on doing lots of trips to the Continent might be worth the effort

Registering in the uk should be easy, I believe
speedometer in mph instead of kmh and lights swapped for driving on the left instead of the right. That’s all we needed to do when the missus imported her car from Germany to the UK (albeit, before Brexit)

There are plenty in Germany. All depends if you can live with LHD and the hassle of registering in the UK. If not a daily driver and you plan on doing lots of trips to the Continent might be worth the effort

All the Westfalia in the UK are also LHD so no difference there.

Hi,
I have a 1997 California exclusive which I have owned for 10 yrs. Just retired and thinking to upgrade. We might be able to come to an arrangement.

Send me a message if you want to explore further.

Great vans, I used with my family until early teens when camping trips were declined

Hi,
I have a 1997 California exclusive which I have owned for 10 yrs. Just retired and thinking to upgrade. We might be able to come to an arrangement.

Send me a message if you want to explore further.

Great vans, I used with my family until early teens when camping trips were declined
You both need to be VIP members to message each other.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the group. I have a family of four and we're keen to get out on the open road.

I'm currently searching for a California Exclusive camper. I'm looking in all of the usual places... eBay, Facebook groups, gumtree, etc, but I can't find a van that's right for me. Ideally, I'd like to pay a little more for a good condition / lower mileage example.

If you're aware of a good example that's coming up for sale please let me know.

Cash waiting.

Regards

Mark

You both need to be VIP members to message each other.
Oh cheers did not know that

I live in Germany so I'm well aware of the strength of used car prices but 24,400€ for a 25 year old van that has done 382,000km (Earth to the Moon is 384,400km) is mental.

Ting Tong: sorry to ask completely beside the subject, but I can't mail you directly: your avatar shows a Lego California. Where did you get that set (if it's yours) ?
If allowed: Post in thread 'So who is into model making?'
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/so-who-is-into-model-making.38559/post-605282
This one is 6 wide but I will make another one of 8 wide when I have time.
I come across many lego AI creations but they are not real. This one is no AI and real:

Last edited:
Ting Tong: sorry to ask completely beside the subject, but I can't mail you directly: your avatar shows a Lego California. Where did you get that set (if it's yours) ?
It is not real: it was generated by my first and probably last attempt at AI on Bing AI image creator using a request like "a lego model of a white VW T6 California Edition campervan with a lego box in the background". It takes a few regenerations and alterations to the wording to get something sensible.

So: an AI creation gets thumps up and a real built not? How the world is changing... I'm still quite old school apparently :Grin ;)@Gliderbee California 6.1

Last edited:
Back