Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loading Eye

Norfolk Jim

Norfolk Jim

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Can anyone tell me if the loading eye that fixes into one of the floor rails can stay put when setting up the lower bed?? I only ask as we need something to secure the dogs harness to for travel and when on site. We used to fit a climbing strop around bed frame in T5 conversion and this would seem ideal to click the carabiner into from his harness connector - stop him lunging out when sdie door opened!!

Can anyone tell me if the loading eye that fixes into one of the floor rails can stay put when setting up the lower bed?? I only ask as we need something to secure the dogs harness to for travel and when on site. We used to fit a climbing strop around bed frame in T5 conversion and this would seem ideal to click the carabiner into from his harness connector - stop him lunging out when sdie door opened!!
Yes, as long as it is to the front end of the rail.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Great for stubbing your toe when you have to get out for the loo in the middle of the night!

• Haha
Reactions: Sad
Great for stubbing your toe when you have to get out for the loo in the middle of the night!
I used a piece of wood 6” x 6” with a thickness equivalent to the height of the loading eye with a hole in the centre to go over the eye. Then a thick piece of foam stuck on top. Much more comfortable.:thumb

After numerous complaints of toe stubbing from my family over the last couple of years, we have ditched our loading eye used to secure our dog and splashed out on this one from the club shop https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-floor-rail-load-anchor-lashing
Seems ridiculously overpriced, but worth it for peaceful holidays.

Looks a nice bit of kit, but £45, well over priced, should be no more than a £10.