Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchenette glass top

Alpen

Alpen

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just had a mare.. smashed the glass top.

Im guessing the best place to get a replacement from is vw, but thought I’d post here just to be sure.
image.jpg
Could do with a new one within a week.

Has anyone had to source before or got any tips?

thanks

Alex

Just had a mare.. smashed the glass top.

Im guessing the best place to get a replacement from is vw, but thought I’d post here just to be sure.
View attachment 81662
Could do with a new one within a week.

Has anyone had to source before or got any tips?

thanks

Alex
Out of interest @Alpen, how did it happen? Drop something or heat?

It was an unfortunate heat related issue, followed by cool water on a fairly hot top… ‍♂️♂️ not of my doing! But anyway at least it’s replaceable…

Ive ordered a new one today. Had to get it from vw. £240 ex VAT and currently on back order tho.. :(

Campervan bits couldn’t help.

gonna have to make something to get by as a temporary measure..

It was an unfortunate heat related issue, followed by cool water on a fairly hot top… ‍♂️♂️ not of my doing! But anyway at least it’s replaceable…

Ive ordered a new one today. Had to get it from vw. £240 ex VAT and currently on back order tho.. :(

Ouch!

Outrageous price. Some windscreens don’t cost that much. I suppose they’ve got to pay their court case somehow.

Outrageous price. Some windscreens don’t cost that much. I suppose they’ve got to pay their court case somehow.
Not really. How many glass tops are replaced/Yr compared with how many Transporter windscreens?
Bespoke parts have a bespoke price unfortunately.

£270 on amazon for a complete unit. £290 for a VW glass top. Sounds about right. It’s not like VW want to mug their customers.

It did actually arrive in time for our summer trip.. currently waiting for ferry in Plymouth

agreed it was expensive but appreciate too that it is niche and low volume, same as some of the brand rup accessories too which are mega pricey.. so it’s kind of justified..

just glad I got it quickly in the end

I'm sure you really enjoyed cleaning up that mess! After I did the same it took me and my wife about 6hrs of sweeping, hoovering, emptying the cupboards, hoovering again... I feel your pain!

I was a little disgruntled.

Didn’t help that it was one of the hottest days of the year

Back