Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen cupboards

G

Groovygrandma

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello. Collecting our new Cali Ocean on Friday (so excited!) and was wondering if anyone could advise whether the shelves in the kitchen cupboards are fixed or adjustable. Thanks.

Congrats on your new van. If like us, it’s hard to think about anything else for the last few days of the wait. You’ll not be disappointed ! The shelves are fixed. You can remove the right hand side one, to fit drawers if you’d like. I suggest that you try out “what goes where” on a couple of trips to decide the best storage arrangement for you. There’s a million permutations, and everyone will give you slightly different advice - so I’ll not start to!

As above really; unless you're a seasoned campervan owner and know exactly what you want to have with you, it'll take a good few trips to work out exactly what you need to be storing, let alone how you want to store it.

Congrats on your new van. If like us, it’s hard to think about anything else for the last few days of the wait. You’ll not be disappointed ! The shelves are fixed. You can remove the right hand side one, to fit drawers if you’d like. I suggest that you try out “what goes where” on a couple of trips to decide the best storage arrangement for you. There’s a million permutations, and everyone will give you slightly different advice - so I’ll not start to!
Thank you for that. Couldn’t sleep last night thinking “where is the such and such going?”. How sad but excited am I!

As above really; unless you're a seasoned campervan owner and know exactly what you want to have with you, it'll take a good few trips to work out exactly what you need to be storing, let alone how you want to store it.
Thank you.

We were in your shoes 6 years ago. Exciting. My advice is to not rush in to buying accessories. Use the van as is. Talk to people on sites and check out what other people are doing. They will have so many stories and hints and tips. Ask them what they bought and wished they had not. Take a look in the used accessories for sale page to uncover what people are selling...this might provide some clues and perhaps bargains. At the end of the day, whatever you buy, you will have to store and carry around in your new van. Go and enjoy yourselves!

they are actually adjustable.just move the shelf brackets up or down. theres extra holes in the walls for them. some raise one up and put the toilet in there. i fitted an extra shelf in the spare holes

We took all the shelves out. On the left side we keep our pots and plates in a big pizza delivery bag (great for easy access) and under the sink we keep our porta-potti. Each to their own.

Back