Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is anywhere going to be relatively dry and warm this weekend?

Georgiegirl

Georgiegirl

Vehicle
Cali now sold
so this weekend was going to be the first chance to try camping out in Gino; frosty nights gone - check, no work commitments - check. But now the great British weather looks like it's going to foil our plans as everywhere looks like it's going to be really wet and windy. Has anyone seen a weather forecast which isn't forecasting doom and gloom for Saturday and/or Sunday night as I'm desperate to try him out!

One thing I've learned is never to take too much notice of the weather forecast, it just stops you doing anything! Already this year there have been a few weekends when the forecast has been grotty but there have been some good spells. Just make sure you've got the right clothing.

When I was going out on the motorbike regularly the rule of thumb was:-

If rain is forecast but it's not actually raining, go out
If it's raining but forecast is good, go out
If rain is forecast and it's raining, stay in.

When the weather is bad, there aren't many better places to be. Take a book and some wine and catch up with some radio shows!

Thanks guys - I'm not so bothered about the rain (as long as it's not shedding down) but the wind looks like it might get a bit hairy! Guess we could sleep downstairs with the roof down!

Just be careful how you position the van with regard to the wind when you settle down, and try to find a sheltered spot. The critical time is when you are lowering the roof next morning, make sure the bellows is folding inwards as it goes down.

Inside the Cali of course. Heating on, dry white wine

Come along to our Cali meet on Sat/Sun in Aviemore this weekend. There's around a dozen Cali's coming along - rain or shine. Even if there's "weather" we'll just dress appropriately to get out and about and you'll be assured of a warm welcome. No such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing !

Come along to our Cali meet on Sat/Sun in Aviemore this weekend. There's around a dozen Cali's coming along - rain or shine. Even if there's "weather" we'll just dress appropriately to get out and about and you'll be assured of a warm welcome. No such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing !

Thanks for the invite Ewan. If it wasn't for the 8 hour drive each way I would be coming up there like a shot! Definitely somewhere I will come and explore when I have a bit more time on my hands

We are on way to SE Spain, 27 degrees at the weekend :bananadance

Should've caveated this thread with 'in the U.K.'!
Have a lovely time in France and Spain, sadly I won't be able to join you...

But when it rains in Spain boy does it rain :eek:

Back