Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

iPhone Cable

reserves

reserves

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone who has a RNS510 with DAB and an iPhone cable tell me the part number of the cable please?

Thanks, I tried the lightening cable but no luck as yet :)

reserves said:
Can anyone who has a RNS510 with DAB and an iPhone cable tell me the part number of the cable please?

Ours came with both the older 32 pin and later Lightning adapters; the numbers written on them are as follows.

Earlier 32 pin:-
5NO 035 554K
2914 VVL

Later Lightning connecter:-
5NO 035 554J
3414 VVL

Hope this helps.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Thank you! Have ordered the 32 pin from eBay with that part number, worth a shot at £7 :)

Do you have the RNS510 ?

Rich

Hi

Not sure if you are trying to connect an iPhone4 or 5, but my experiences below are with iPhone4's.

I have the RNS510. My cable is a "5NO 035 554 B".

Most of the time I have an iPod Nano connected, but I occasionally connect my iPhone4. Both work fine, although the RNS510 interface is a little antiquated (always plays Ed Sherran when you select media!).

I also play the iPhone4 through Bluetooth, and have my daughters iPhone registered on the van for when she wants to stream her music (joy!). Again, all fine.

Hope that helps

Mark

Now tried the following cables without success!

iPhone 4

000 051 446C
5NO 035 554K

iPhone 5

5NO 035 554 H (4414) VVL

USB

5NO 035 558 (1312)

Will try the 5NO 035 554 B ! :)

Ok, 5NO 035 554 B didn't work either.

Wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Do you have "Aux Input" enabled in the settings (tried on and off).

When you plug the cable in does anything change on the screen, or only when a device is plugged in? Do you have to press "MDI"

I've tried an old iPod, iPhone all the above!

Hi Rich

Sorry you're having a bad time with this. To answer your earlier question, yes I have the RNS 510.

I've just been out now and checked a few things. You don't need the Aux Input enabled, mine isn't.

At present I have an iPod Classic attached to the 32 pin connector. When the door is opened the charging circuit is activated to the iPod and it starts to charge, and after a few seconds it goes off if I don't turn ignition or radio on.

If I turn the radio on, the charging circuit is activated again.

With the iPod disconnected, on the "Settings" screen, the "MDI" button is greyed out. When I plug it in, the MDI button becomes active and I am able to select it.

Let me know if there is anything else you want me to try.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Thanks so much, still not managed to get my working so going to take it into VW!

Cheers

Rich