Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

If VW didn't make a campervan, which manufacturer do you think would make the best?

I have 2007 BMW 180k from new, well built, Cali 2014, few niggles after 13k, had 3 Volvo's in past 130-160k no problems (I do 25k a year), so I think the outdoor and design loving Swedes could do something interesting and less fragile... say the VolvoVan Mk1 4WD Geartronic, leather electric seats (incl rotation), surround sound, all weather indestructible foldy roof :)

:) Citroen of course - not only do they have the iconic H Van pedigree which had a most efficient space to road area ratio and internal space efficiency, but hydropneumatic suspension with self levelling and height adjustment, super smooth lightweight air cooled flat four engines, and proper bolt on non rusting plastic panels - all of which would do quite nicely on my Cali (if buit in Germany). I bet they would have produced great catering faciites too.
André-Gustave wherefore art thou.......

Saw something like this converted to a camper, complete with side awning, the works. Awesome!
View attachment 9506
Had a go in one of these courtesy of RAF Northolt. The water canon definitely had no pressure issues, a lot of fun. Ironically during one of the long hot hosepipe ban summers. Dread to think how much water we used.

Back