How many days on each site?

Skylark2.0

Skylark2.0

The adventure with Starlight Expess begins
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We have got into a habit of staying 3 nights on each site and exploring an area well. Our teenager likes to have a base. We stayed some where for a week once as it was the best site around. Also meant someone could have a few days surf lessons...

We are short of time on our next trip so I am leaning towards 2 nights in each location.
Travel and stay then a days walking / exploring. Not sure how this will work out. Hoping the teenager doesn't notice :shocked

What does anyone else do?

Depends entirely on how much we like the site and what the weather's like.
We've found we quite like to put down roots, moving every day is not for us.
We've just got back from 2 weeks in germany, although we stayed at 5 sites 3 of those were over nighters enroute so only 2 proper sites. Think it was 4 nights at each.
Last year we spent the whole 2 weeks at zell in the mosel valley because we liked it so much.
That's the beauty of having a camper van and going out of season, we don't book anywhere and go wherever and whenever we want!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

We are the same 3 nights is rare, it has to be somewhere really special . 2 nights if the place is good and there is a bit to see. Single night stops are also pretty common, so for us its a mix of the above.

Never stayed more than 3 nights anywhere in a campervan now I think about it.

1.45 in 2014 and so far 1.2 in 2015.

I would love to stay longer but I keep getting petitions :sad

Depends entirely on how much we like the site and what the weather's like.
We've found we quite like to put down roots, moving every day is not for us.
We've just got back from 2 weeks in germany, although we stayed at 5 sites 3 of those were over nighters enroute so only 2 proper sites. Think it was 4 nights at each.
Last year we spent the whole 2 weeks at zell in the mosel valley because we liked it so much.
That's the beauty of having a camper van and going out of season, we don't book anywhere and go wherever and whenever we want!

Sent from my Galaxy S6
Zell looks lovely. Will book it tomorrow!

Several nights for us. I buy the pathfinder book for the area and hit as many walks as possible. What with walking and finding good local pubs and tea shops, four to six nights is good for us, if not longer.
We do weekends and stopovers for one to two nights.
The beauty for us is we can do what we like whereas booking cottages meant a whole week and advance bookings....aaahhh...not good for those who work by The Last Minute Rule!

We are booked for 3 nights in Bath soon, purely so that we will have 2 full days to explore the city. Only ever been to Bath on day trips before so looking forward to spending a bit more time there.

last year we did West Coast of Scotland and this year East Coast we did on both 2 1/2 week trips 2 nights twice the rest were just 1 night stops working alone the coast lines. We also worked alone the Cornish Coast this year again just 1 night stops

Back