Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How do you fill yours.............

John

John

VIP Member
Original post calitess

......on board fresh water tank that is.

Paul used a hosepipe & flexible funnel

31ZRR4F9KAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

.......but still got very wet in the process.

Is he just clumsy

flooded-apartment.jpg

Origal post Calikev

I just use a hose and wait for the blowback,then I quickly put the cap on
Technical I know

Original post Martin

I use a watering can, also handy to water the hanging baskets that hang from the awning !

Original post BerndRos

I got the Brandrup filler kit when van was new but rarely use it. If and it's a big if, a hosepipe is to hand I use it, failing this I use a funnel and 5lt empty water bottle I keep in van.

Original post freeley

Oct 31, 2011, 6:13pm, Calikev wrote: I just use a hose and wait for the blowback,then I quickly put the cap on
Technical I know

I do this at home, but not sure how to go about it when on a site somewhere. I've got a 10ltr collapsible bag with a tap on it stowed in the back of the passenger seat but it's useless without a funnel which i keep meaning to buy but never seem to get round to it.

Original post johntowers46

Why bother filling tank, when water is available so easily. Think of the cost in transporting 30 litres of water (equals 30kgs, equals suitcase on aircraft??????)

Original post brother10

Hi Calitess,
I have used the flexible funnel system for years without problems. I made a small hole in the top edge through which I feed the hook part of one of those suckers (the type you might hang a tea towel on the kitchen). This then secures the funnel to the van and leaves hands free for pouring or filling with a hose pipe. I knocked out the little gauze section in the funnel for a faster take up. Don`t have the hosepipe on full whack, it can`t take it. Hope that might help.

Bob (alias brother10)

Original post Mark

I use hose at home and brandrup filling kit on camp sites, filling kit good but expensive for what it is (didn't buy it came with van). Its nice as it slides into rail and holds my 20ltr container up whilst filling.

Back