Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help! Please

heathensofmerica

heathensofmerica

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Away in our California for first time! T5 se 08 model And things aren’t working!
We are on hook up the metre at camp site however the plugs aren’t working !? How do you tell your using the hook up or battery? Is there a way?

Also the auxiliary heater worked when we got here had driven for 45 mins but last night was only blowing cold ‍♀️
This morning started van for 5 mins and it’s hot now?
How long do get out leisure batteries if say just using lights and charging one phone ?

Thanks again all
Kim

Is the trip switch on in rear wardrobe .? There should be a icon on cp showing a plug.
sounds like heater is working ok.
Depending on how old your batteries are you should get 3 to 4 days as I do on mine and they are still original ones on a 08 plate hope this helps

Away in our California for first time! T5 se 08 model And things aren’t working!
We are on hook up the metre at camp site however the plugs aren’t working !? How do you tell your using the hook up or battery? Is there a way?

Also the auxiliary heater worked when we got here had driven for 45 mins but last night was only blowing cold ‍♀️
This morning started van for 5 mins and it’s hot now?
How long do get out leisure batteries if say just using lights and charging one phone ?

Thanks again all
Kim
As @jeff states you should have a plug symbol as below in the lower right

1712992929979.jpeg

Is the trip switch on in rear wardrobe .? There should be a icon on cp showing a plug.
sounds like heater is working ok.
Depending on how old your batteries are you should get 3 to 4 days as I do on mine and they are still original ones on a 08 plate hope this helps
Shouldn’t the heater work without having to have engine on ?

Shouldn’t the heater work without having to have engine on ?
The Diesel Parking heater.? Yes, provided the Leisure Battery voltage does not drop to 11.5v on the Control Panel . It will then shut down.

The Diesel Parking heater.? Yes, provided the Leisure Battery voltage does not drop to 11.5v on the Control Panel . It will then shut down.
Yes parking heater. These are symbols on cp i know it’s pixelated, need to get that sorted. Can you tell how low battery is ?

image.jpg

Yes parking heater. These are symbols on cp i know it’s pixelated, need to get that sorted. Can you tell how low battery is ?

View attachment 121888
Afraid not. You need to scroll, using the knob , to select the correct screen showing the voltage which would be 14.4v as your on Hookup. Once you get the correct screen unplug the EHU and wait 30 minutes to show the Leisure Battery voltage at rest.

Afraid not. You need to scroll, using the knob , to select the correct screen showing the voltage which would be 14.4v as your on Hookup. Once you get the correct screen unplug the EHU and wait 30 minutes to show the Leisure Battery voltage at rest.
Thank you will do that shortly x

Only lights and charger will last you at least one week.
Using the fridge and/or heater will shorten the time you can last without hookup.
I used the fridge in the first 2 weeks of ownership for more than 3 days without hookup (very warm weather), but I think it was on the edge of the possibilities of the batteries (new). Older batteries will last less and less long.
You can check yourself when setting the display to battery voltage.
After a 24h hookup, unhook, and leave the van without anything on, except the display. Check every few hours. If the battery voltage drops below 12.5V in 24 hours, the batteries will be gone.
If the 2 leisure batteries are still from 2008, I suspect they will not have much life left in them. They are close to 17 years old now. That is quite something if you know that the lifespan of a starter battery is about 6 years. Mine lasted 14 years, but only just.

I also have a 08, the diesel heater problem was fixet with an eart-shaunt. My spelling may be wrong, but see what you can find in this forum on this topic….
I later change to a lithium battery. Work ever since. Essensual for a good time

Back