Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello I'm new to the forum and need to ask a question re: interior cupboard doors

T

The Beast

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hello all - I've owned a 2021 California Ocean T6.1 for around 2 yrs. It was in a VW Dealership showroom for the first 6 to 9 months of it's life.

Enjoying it immensely.

I've noticed one or two chips/scratches to the under cooker and sink cupboard doors (photo attached). Nothing major but now I know they are there I can't open the side door without seeing them!!

Just wondering if anybody knew of any products and or tips to cover them please?

Thanks in advance

Screenshot-2021-08-17-at-19.31.12-800x612.png

Are your scratches on the wood effect doors, or the aluminium edges? We have a scratch on the face of one door which is annoying, and I’d ideally want to hide it too.

Thanks for your reply.

The scratches are on the edging. I've cleaned them off.There is metal, I assume aluminium showing through. Not sure if the grey edging is plastic or paint?

I would bring the vehicle back to the dealer to see if these can be replaced under warranty, it will be no harm and they may agree to change them as a good will gesture.

I (my daughter) managed to scratch the edging whilst getting something out of the cupboard, very annoying. I bought a metallic silver eye pencil off Amazon and touched it in. Not a perfect fit but definitely good enough that you’ll only see it if you’re looking for it.

The one I used is out of stock but plenty of others on there.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006OO7Q0S/?tag=eliteelect-21

I (my daughter) managed to scratch the edging whilst getting something out of the cupboard, very annoying. I bought a metallic silver eye pencil off Amazon and touched it in. Not a perfect fit but definitely good enough that you’ll only see it if you’re looking for it.

The one I used is out of stock but plenty of others on there.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006OO7Q0S/?tag=eliteelect-21
Thank you Jimmy.

I had hoped that given where the scratches are, at floor level, there might be a product I could use to touch them in as you say.

I'll use your link to look into it further

I would bring the vehicle back to the dealer to see if these can be replaced under warranty, it will be no harm and they may agree to change them as a good will gesture.
Thanks for your reply Gecko.

As I understand it the vehicle is out of warranty now. To be honest I imagine my local dealership would say it was damage caused by me so not covered by warranty.

Worth a try though, I'll look into it

Back