Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone got a UK T6 order build date yet ?

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi - Previously I asked this on the Beach forum but the question is to anyone who has ordered a T6 California from a UK dealer / DTD. Has anyone had a confirmed build week and indicated delivery date since order books opened in late Aug / early Sept this year. My dealer placed the order on 9th Sept 2015 but cannot give me an indication of likely dates. I suspect the emissions issue might knock things back, but wondered if anyone had had anything confirmed. Rumour from Germany that the factory already has 6 months orders in pipeline. Thanks

Ordered accepted on the system 10th August for an Ocean.

NO BUILD DATE YET!!

;)

With all the doom and gloom and people cancelling orders I wouldn't worry Tim. Sounds like people are spending their money on solicitors more than camp sites. :Grin

Our dealer has said 16 weeks and didn't seem concerned at all. Our order has been accepted too. :thumb

If your dealer has said your order has been accepted by the factory they are lying! We have spoken to VWCS about this and no UK RHD California orders have been confirmed by the factory yet and they don't expect then to until December.

No build date confirmed for me yet. I wonder if they have had many cancellations as may help jump the queue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered mine on the 21 Aug. I've been told that order won't be accepted by the factory until December and that I should expect it to be with the dealer around February.

The delay is being caused by stock issues of the alloy wheels (standard Ocean spec) and the heated screen option.

If your dealer has said your order has been accepted by the factory they are lying!
I can't imagine why he would have lied to me. The order was kicked back due to some incompatability issues. We resolved these. He reprocessed it, it was accepted and we've got an order number. I can't imagine that he would have made that up. What has he possibly got to gain by doing that?

Whilst it may not be on the production line yet, I don't need it to be.

As far as we're concerned we're now in the queue and it'll be built when they've got capacity to do so.

We don't actually want our bus until March. It'll be shipped to the port and it'll stay there until the dealer needs to pull it in to do the registration and PDI. (Apparently that's fairly common thing)

In the mean time we're planning our adventures and getting on with our lives.

Doesn't stop the excitement though.:bananadance

I can't imagine why he would have lied to me. The order was kicked back due to some incompatability issues. We resolved these. He reprocessed it, it was accepted and we've got an order number. I can't imagine that he would have made that up. What has he possibly got to gain by doing that?

As far as we're concerned we're now in the queue and it'll be built when they've got capacity to do so.

We don't actually want our bus until March. It'll be shipped to the port and it'll stay there until the dealer needs to pull it in to do the registration and PDI. (Apparently that's fairly common thing)

Hi Blond - that is my experience too - the dealer is fairly relaxed about the build / delivery. I too have decided on a March registration and the dealer is confident he will meet the deadline. I too have an order number and an indicated build date of 01/16. Just got to keep my SMAX going for bit longer Tim

Hi Blond - that is my experience too - the dealer is fairly relaxed about the build / delivery. I too have decided on a March registration and the dealer is confident he will meet the deadline. I too have an order number and an indicated build date of 01/16. Just got to keep my SMAX going for bit longer Tim

Our dealer muted week 45 but said it could change depending on volumes and delivery dates requested.

Roll on March! :thumb

We ordered our T6 California Beach late Augusf and have also been told that the order has been accepted. We're expecting it December / January

Dealer rang today with December 8th for a build date. Week or so to build, then 3-5 weeks to get to him. So end of January I guess. This is what we were told and will be pleasantly surprised if it arrives on time.....

Who's going to be the first to camp in their T6? There should be a forum prize!

Back