Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good Day

We have a spare room which contains some basic gym equipment where they currently stands. I am going to build a shelf in my home office where the seats and comfort mattress can be located when not camping.
I think it is a good idea not storing them in a garage. We have had mice eating on anything fabric or plastic.

We have spare doubke bedrooms too with 3 never or rarely used unless guests. But other half does not want seats in house.

I have an outbuilding with upstairs and downstairs office plus gym equipment too. Plus various garden sheds.

I can see where ours are going to go...

Btw, roughly how much do these weigh each? I can lift 120kg so far...but on the odd day!

Btw, roughly how much do these weigh each? I can lift 120kg so far...but on the odd day!

I was impressed with the recent photos by someone removing the rear bench with an engine hoist.

For the odd occasions when I want drive with between 2 and 6 seats, I will hoist the surplus seats out and store in a garage. I cannot see myself dragging the beasts down the garden to the summerhouse or up to the loft; the bike shed is already rammed with bikes of various sizes and types, so the garage is the obvious place until the vehicle can be restored to 7 seats.

Kave,

Can I ask where you store middle two seats. My lther half says if we leave in garage will be chewed by mice.

Apparently various older baby and child seats left in our garage were feasted upon by mice....
All you need is

Ikr,.

I was impressed with the recent photos by someone removing the rear bench with an engine hoist.

For the odd occasions when I want drive with between 2 and 6 seats, I will hoist the surplus seats out and store in a garage. I cannot see myself dragging the beasts down the garden to the summerhouse or up to the loft; the bike shed is already rammed with bikes of various sizes and types, so the garage is the obvious place until the vehicle can be restored to 7 seats.

But what about the mice?

Are they the well behaved types?

But what about the mice?

Are they the well behaved types?

I have seen mice in my garden, but I have never seen evidence of them in my garage. I buy 4 x 14Kg bags of complete dog food at a time, and store excess sacks in the garage without vermin attack.

I have seen mice in my garden, but I have never seen evidence of them in my garage. I buy 4 x 14Kg bags of complete dog food at a time, and store excess sacks in the garage without vermin attack.

We do get various chewed bits and pieces - at least according to my other half. It probably does not help that she has a huge fridge and freezer there too. Maybe mice can pick up smell of edibles better than we can.

Here is a test I did, one front wheel and one rear wheel is basically in the air and have no friction to the ground:

Some reflections after using it three weeks and 3000km.
The DSG is fantastic, it is a smooth as my BMW 520D gearbox.
The 204PS is great to have, I am driving at a slightly more relaxed pace than with my BMW, but it is great when overtaking at speed. The California is really a great vehicle at higher speeds as well. Silent and stable.
The roof works fine in thunderstorms and rain, we have had the kids sleeping there in 5C degrees without problems. I am most likely going to invest in a Cali Cozy or Brandrup Iso-top.
The only extra stuff I bought for it is a new proper compressor fridge, Waeco CFX-28.
I am 186cm, my wife is 172cm, we find that the lower bed is better for us than the top bed which is a bit narrow but great for the kids.
The freewheel option seems to limit the diesel use.

All in all a great vehicle, I have now let the wife use the BMW and I use the Cali as a day to day vehicle.

Some reflections after using it three weeks and 3000km.
The DSG is fantastic, it is a smooth as my BMW 520D gearbox.
The 204PS is great to have, I am driving at a slightly more relaxed pace than with my BMW, but it is great when overtaking at speed. The California is really a great vehicle at higher speeds as well. Silent and stable.
The roof works fine in thunderstorms and rain, we have had the kids sleeping there in 5C degrees without problems. I am most likely going to invest in a Cali Cozy or Brandrup Iso-top.
The only extra stuff I bought for it is a new proper compressor fridge, Waeco CFX-28.
I am 186cm, my wife is 172cm, we find that the lower bed is better for us than the top bed which is a bit narrow but great for the kids.
The freewheel option seems to limit the diesel use.

All in all a great vehicle, I have now let the wife use the BMW and I use the Cali as a day to day vehicle.
YES for me 10 years multivan day to day vehicle. And the best vehicle I can imagine. I am looking forward for my new California beach.

Ikr,.