Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front blinds on T6 Ocean torn

Marcuk03

Marcuk03

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi
Anyone know if the front blinds can be repaired or replaced as mine are starting to come away at the seams a bit to the point where I dread pulling them out.

also mine is still warranty, any chance they’re covered?
Thanks all
Marcus

Yes I believe they are covered under warranty, Im going to have to do the same with mine...they are really bad quality items.

Yes I believe they are covered under warranty, Im going to have to do the same with mine...they are really bad quality items.
Ok that’s good news ! I’ll see if I can book in to get them repaired then I think.
Hopefully they won’t tell me they’re not covered. Usual first response in my experience

Expect 'wear or misuse' response. Still worth trying.

we had 1 replaced under warranty no issues

We had one of the front blinds replaced recently in our t6 as the fabric had torn in the center of the blind. It was assessed and labelled as wear and tear/user error , replacement was about £250 including labour. However if yours is a fault it may well be included in warranty and replaced free of charge best to get it looked at. Either way it’s easily replaceable

Worst design ever and so easily damaged or misused, so decided to avoid using them and opted for front screen thermo cover
So much easier to fit, no anxious late night fiddling with sun visors and trying to pull out straight and fit into specific holes whilst working around already reversed front seats
Who the hell came up with that design

Clearly the man that thought he could put damage down to “wear and tear” or misuse.:oops:

Not sure what the issue is...?
Pull them to centre and insert into guide holes.
Simples.

Worst design ever and so easily damaged or misused, so decided to avoid using them and opted for front screen thermo cover
So much easier to fit, no anxious late night fiddling with sun visors and trying to pull out straight and fit into specific holes whilst working around already reversed front seats
Who the hell came up with that design
Totally agree!!! The number of times the things have shot back against the sides.
I now use different internal blinds on the cab windows and sliding door. That sliding door blind is also a pita!

Seems like a good idea at first, but the fabric is not up to the job. Far too easy to damage the edge of the blind. Give me the T6 one everytime.

Totally agree!!! The number of times the things have shot back against the sides.
I now use different internal blinds on the cab windows and sliding door. That sliding door blind is also a pita!
One of the best things we did was to get a blind (brandrup) that Velcros to the sliding door window, the pull down one was so vulnerable and a pain whenever going out/ back in.

Hi
Anyone know if the front blinds can be repaired or replaced as mine are starting to come away at the seams a bit to the point where I dread pulling them out.

also mine is still warranty, any chance they’re covered?
Thanks all
Marcus
Hi
We thought they were fiddly and a pain to use...so we bought a Silverscreen
www.silverscreens.co.uk...absolutely brilliant!
Covers the front screen completely and the side door screens all in one.
Fast and simple to fit. Gives a complete blackout for the front area. front panel can have a velcro drop down if you wish but we've never used it.
Thermally insulating - keeping the temperature down in the sun and keeping it warmer in the winter.
Haven't touched the VW screen covers once since we bought it. We think it's brilliant...and No I am not on commission or in any way associated with the company :)
Google it and ask others on the forum. :thumb

Back