Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Free bottle of single malt on offer!

greenfintry

greenfintry

Cometh the van cometh the hour
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I am looking for a member who lives in the Somerset area for a favour. I am looking to fit a solar PV unit to the top of my facelift T5 as per Briwy's recent postings. I am not so handy, but have found an installer in Taunton who does these regularly...... but I am in Stirling! He is happy to fabricate a removable panel frame so that I can still take my Cali along for the roof rot repair that is pending.... but could be a couple of years away....

So, he needs a chance to measure up a T5 with the roof tracks to get all the dimensions right etc. He would cut a deal with anyone who wants to install this set up, and this would then allow him to send the kit up to me to install! So, as an added incentive, even if you do not want to install the PV kit, anyone willing to take their Cali along to Taunton I am happy to hand over a bottle of our local single malt (either Glengoyne or Deanston for those in the know....). I am going to Cali's on the farm, so could hand over there etc

Please private message me so I can give you the chap's details etc.

Cheers Martin!

I am looking for a member who lives in the Somerset area for a favour. I am looking to fit a solar PV unit to the top of my facelift T5 as per Briwy's recent postings. I am not so handy, but have found an installer in Taunton who does these regularly...... but I am in Stirling! He is happy to fabricate a removable panel frame so that I can still take my Cali along for the roof rot repair that is pending.... but could be a couple of years away....

So, he needs a chance to measure up a T5 with the roof tracks to get all the dimensions right etc. He would cut a deal with anyone who wants to install this set up, and this would then allow him to send the kit up to me to install! So, as an added incentive, even if you do not want to install the PV kit, anyone willing to take their Cali along to Taunton I am happy to hand over a bottle of our local single malt (either Glengoyne or Deanston for those in the know....). I am going to Cali's on the farm, so could hand over there etc

Cheers Martin!

Can't help directly but out of interest ....

Coincidentally-ish I just bit the solar bullet also on the basis of Brinwys experience & success.
I am using flat ali bar (as opposed to angle) to keep the height down & planning on Sikaflex'ing the top of the panel to underneath the mounted ali bars to keep height gain to 4mm plus coach bolt heads.
Am using this flexi panel -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121393839860?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Cable entry is the challenge....

Will update when I am done - 2 weeks maybe.

Cheers Martin!
Is the roof of a facelift the same as a 2006?

Hi Pyables, thanks for entering the thread.. at the moment it looks like I have a volunteer to drive by Taunton for a fitting.... I suspect the T5 roof rails are the same before and after the facelift..... I will keep this thread alive with any further developments etc
Cheers Martin

Back