Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flexi light lens

T

Tim Cole

VIP Member
Hi my flexi light lens has fallen out and I can't work out how it was held in can anyone help or upload a photo so that I can see if I am missing something . Thanks for any help.

It just pushes straight back in and should be held quite firmly by a little plastic rim inside. I needed a pair of pliers to get mine out, then spent 5 minutes trying to pull / unscrew the blown bulb before my 10 year old pointed out that it looked like you click open the switch and remove it from the back...

Just make sure that you don't unscrew the whole thing to make it easier to replace, and accidentally pull out the connector block so that it drops down inside the body where you can't easily reach it. Doh! I will be cobbling together some sort of retrieval hook out of a coat hanger this weekend.

Simon

It just pushes straight back in and should be held quite firmly by a little plastic rim inside. I needed a pair of pliers to get mine out, then spent 5 minutes trying to pull / unscrew the blown bulb before my 10 year old pointed out that it looked like you click open the switch and remove it from the back...

Just make sure that you don't unscrew the whole thing to make it easier to replace, and accidentally pull out the connector block so that it drops down inside the body where you can't easily reach it. Doh! I will be cobbling together some sort of retrieval hook out of a coat hanger this weekend.

Simon

Hi
Thanks for you reply but when I push it back in it just drops out and I wondered if there should be some sort of spring clip to hold it in place.

There is no clip in mine. There seems to be a slight ridge which should keep the lens in place. There is probably a simple DIY fix for yours, but I am the last one to ask about that!

Simon

Back