Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitting 5th Seat in Middle Rail

t6.1

t6.1

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,

I have a 5th seat and can fit it fine closest to the door fine, but when fitting in the middle of van, it doesn't seem secure.

It looks like this bit metal under the rail is causing the seat to slide and lock in correctly. Wondering if this is a safety feature to ensure people don't put the 5th seat here, or if it's safe to remove and this would help? :
IMG_7761 Medium.jpeg

In, flat:
IMG_7762 Medium.jpeg

In, pulled upwards, there's some movement of about 0.5cm:
IMG_7763 Medium.jpeg

For context, we have 3 kids aged 4, 2 and a newborn, so ideally looking to have the 5th in the middle so rather than closest the door so it's easier for us all to get in and get strapped up.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have a 5th seat and can fit it fine closest to the door fine, but when fitting in the middle of van, it doesn't seem secure.

It looks like this bit metal under the rail is causing the seat to slide and lock in correctly. Wondering if this is a safety feature to ensure people don't put the 5th seat here, or if it's safe to remove and this would help? :
View attachment 115759

In, flat:
View attachment 115760

In, pulled upwards, there's some movement of about 0.5cm:
View attachment 115761

For context, we have 3 kids aged 4, 2 and a newborn, so ideally looking to have the 5th in the middle so rather than closest the door so it's easier for us all to get in and get strapped up.

Thanks in advance!
If that is the rail closest to the kitchen unit, then that would be the rail stop for the bed/ rear seat.
Easily removed. There should be a flat head screw on top. Undo that and slide the stop to the end and remove.
It is just an aid when converting seat to bed. Without it slide bed forward to end of track. Lower backrest then slide base back to meet the rear parcel shelf/multiflex board.

Hi,

As WelshGas said it's just a stopper to guide you when making the bed.
In case you don't know there's another one behind the bench that stops it going back further, if you remove that along with the rear shelf you can make a lot more leg room behind that 5th seat.

Ahhh, super interesting to know, thanks so much both!

I often put in and take out the 5th seat.And as above you need to remove the stopper. I found it best to us the rail closes to the cooker so the passengers can put there legs between the front seats. Also as above you can take out the rear stopper and shelf so you can move the two seater bench back for more leg room. Spray the aluminium trim (under side ) with silicone spray so they are easy to remove you will be able to take them off without using any tools when you get the hang of it..

I often put in and take out the 5th seat.And as above you need to remove the stopper. I found it best to us the rail closes to the cooker so the passengers can put there legs between the front seats. Also as above you can take out the rear stopper and shelf so you can move the two seater bench back for more leg room. Spray the aluminium trim (under side ) with silicone spray so they are easy to remove you will be able to take them off without using any tools when you get the hang of it..

Back