Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fit like. I’m hopefully purchasing a new ocean soon.

olddirtbiker

olddirtbiker

VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Hi there,

After owning a few incarnations of the vw vans, I am finally approaching the possibility of purchasing a new California. This will hopefully be my retirement vehicle. I’d really like to get one of the last T6.1s.

I was tempted by the recent 0% deal but it looks like I haven’t made my mind up quick enough (I literally saw the 0% offer on Tuesday, the day it ended).

Looks like it will now be a cash purchase if the right deal comes along. I’d be open to ideas on how or where to go about getting the best price on a brand new Ocean.

I’d just like to say thanks already for what seems to be a really useful forum. I’ll continue reading and might possibly find the answer to my question however if there is a link to a specific thread that could short cut my learning I’d appreciate it.

Cheers

T2 kombi 89-90
T2 fixed high roof American import LHD 94-97
T4 transporter 04-16
T5 transporter 16-18
T5.1 Multivan LHD import from Oman. 18-present day.

You will still get the best deal by using Drive the deal to price up, then go to a good dealer to price match , take the finance as there maybe incentives attached to it then pay it off if you have the means within a week.

Nice, very similar to my experience t2 - T5.1 (missed t4)

DTD are spot on.
don’t leave it too long order.
order book is likely to close with Zero warning, (weeks left IMO)
cali order book is upto June already, it is nearly full
Transporter order book closed with a short amount of notice, once VW fill the order book that is it for the foreseeable future .

edit: give breeze in poole a try to match @Tomdbreeze very well respected and will look after you

You will still get the best deal by using Drive the deal to price up, then go to a good dealer to price match , take the finance as there maybe incentives attached to it then pay it off if you have the means within a week.
Thanks. I’ll look in to this.

Nice, very similar to my experience t2 - T5.1 (missed t4)

DTD are spot on.
don’t leave it too long order.
order book is likely to close with Zero warning, (weeks left IMO)
cali order book is upto June already, it is nearly full
Transporter order book closed with a short amount of notice, once VW fill the order book that is it for the foreseeable future .

edit: give breeze in poole a try to match @Tomdbreeze very well respected and will look after you
Thank you. I appreciate the info.

Hi there,

After owning a few incarnations of the vw vans, I am finally approaching the possibility of purchasing a new California. This will hopefully be my retirement vehicle. I’d really like to get one of the last T6.1s.

I was tempted by the recent 0% deal but it looks like I haven’t made my mind up quick enough (I literally saw the 0% offer on Tuesday, the day it ended).

Looks like it will now be a cash purchase if the right deal comes along. I’d be open to ideas on how or where to go about getting the best price on a brand new Ocean.

I’d just like to say thanks already for what seems to be a really useful forum. I’ll continue reading and might possibly find the answer to my question however if there is a link to a specific thread that could short cut my learning I’d appreciate it.

Cheers

T2 kombi 89-90
T2 fixed high roof American import LHD 94-97
T4 transporter 04-16
T5 transporter 16-18
T5.1 Multivan LHD import from Oman. 18-present day.
Breeze, Poole.. every time …ask for Jamie or Tom..but you had better get in there quickly , good luck!

I went with DTD and took delivery from Eurovans in Crawley. I have to say I was very happy with their service, business-like reflecting their commercial dealership perhaps, but very efficient and no complaints. Were also upfront about the bellows issue when taking delivery raising the subject themselves and assuring me that it would be dealt with as a warranty issue - though I’ve not had any leaks to date.

Liverpool can be very competitive on price, especially on stock vehicles. They tend to price lower rather than haggle tho. Do get custom from all over the country.

Hi there,

Just like to say thanks for the assistance I received in this thread. Looks like I started looking just in time.

I'm pleased to say I took the advice, got my skates on and the order's in.
congrats

Care to Share what where etc ? Possibly help others

The last chance to order is the 16th, however as mentioned earlier look at DTD and take it to a dealer.
I ordered a new van 2 weeks ago with Jamie at Breeze where they matched the DTD price.

Breeze Poole they will give you a good deal and they are a very good dealership who know the California. I’m 2 hours away from them however this did not put me off.

I bought through Drive the Deal. Built the vehicle on the configuration. Listed over £84k with the extras.
DtD gave me a price of just over £73k and the 5 star deal with 50% zero interest.
Supplied through Eurovans, Crawley. Absolutely no complaints. Love our vehicle, Princess Doris.