Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fiamma T6 Pro bike rack doesn't fit rear door properly??

C

CaliforniaCylus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I bought a Fiamma T6 Pro bike rack second hand so it's a few years old but in excellent condition.

Now, we are having problems hooking the top brackets over the door. The lip is kind of too long at the spot where it's supposed to sit.

So we have to remove one bracket in order to adjust the position of the other at a spot which does allow it to locate.

Anyone had a similar issue?

I bought a Fiamma T6 Pro bike rack second hand so it's a few years old but in excellent condition.

Now, we are having problems hooking the top brackets over the door. The lip is kind of too long at the spot where it's supposed to sit.

So we have to remove one bracket in order to adjust the position of the other at a spot which does allow it to locate.

Anyone had a similar issue?
I’ve got T6 Pro. Have you a photo of the problem?

I’ve got T6 Pro. Have you a photo of the problem?
Yes. I meant to take some and forgot.

I hope the picture's don't get muddled.

The first one shows where the bracket should be based on the Fiamma measurements and it's also where the brackets are on the rack. It doesn't clip in or out because it get's snarled with the right hand part of the hinge.

Picture 2 shows where it nicely clips in and out.

Picture 3 shows the snarl in more detail.

Picture 4 shows the rack. The right hand bracket would need to move 30mm to the left and butt up against the T-bracket. Ditto on the LHS.

I could move the brackets I suppose. What I do is loosen them so they slide left and once located on the door I slide them into position. Hope that's clear.

IMG20230817132449.jpg

IMG20230817132304.jpg

IMG20230817132242.jpg

IMG20230817132144.jpg

Yes. I meant to take some and forgot.

I hope the picture's don't get muddled.

The first one shows where the bracket should be based on the Fiamma measurements and it's also where the brackets are on the rack. It doesn't clip in or out because it get's snarled with the right hand part of the hinge.

Picture 2 shows where it nicely clips in and out.

Picture 3 shows the snarl in more detail.

Picture 4 shows the rack. The right hand bracket would need to move 30mm to the left and butt up against the T-bracket. Ditto on the LHS.

I could move the brackets I suppose. What I do is loosen them so they slide left and once located on the door I slide them into position. Hope that's clear.

View attachment 113138

View attachment 113139

View attachment 113140

View attachment 113141
This is my right hand bracket, from above. No obvious difference from yours. Assume yours is definitely designed for the VW T6.1? I Noticed a part number on the plate …. I could compare with yours?IMG_0840.jpeg

Last edited:
If you expand your picture and my middle picture, the rear door hinge posts are very slightly back from the hinge on yours and very slightly proud of the hinge on mine. This is just enough for it not to locate properly in that position.

It looks like my MY23 Cali isn't quite the same as yours????

For info the writing on the upper brackets (right one) is

Fiamma
07469-01A R

I would like to speak to Fiamma but they don't appear to have any contact details...

If you expand your picture and my middle picture, the rear door hinge posts are very slightly back from the hinge on yours and very slightly proud of the hinge on mine. This is just enough for it not to locate properly in that position.

Fiamma
07469-01A R

I would like to speak to Fiamma but they don't appear to have any contact details...
Same part number as mine.

IMG_0850.jpeg

Fiamma
07469-01A R

Another view….. RH hinge with hatch up
IMG_0855.jpeg

Fiamma
07469-01A R

Maybe a stupid question, but are the brackets handed ie: R & L handed or exactly identical both sides?

I have fitte two f the Dianna racks to a T6.1 on bath I had to hang the rack at the top and put a lot of weight on it to get those brackets to sit right.
I would also remove the screws that lock the rack to the brackets & put them back once the rack is mounted.

Maybe a stupid question, but are the brackets handed ie: R & L handed or exactly identical both sides?
L & R Handed to accommodate the curve of the door. Also the plastic bracket moulding has a protrusion so that the metal clamp can only be fitted to the correct one.IMG_0862.jpeg

Yes they are L and R handed and I do have them the correct way around.

I have fitte two f the Dianna racks to a T6.1 on bath I had to hang the rack at the top and put a lot of weight on it to get those brackets to sit right.
I would also remove the screws that lock the rack to the brackets & put them back once the rack is mounted.
Yes, thats what I have to do. I can actually get away with just removing one locking screw, locating the rack and then sliding it 30mm to the right (assuming I've loosened the left one).

I can then tease the left hand one in place and slide it left.

Not ideal though.