Farlington Marshes.

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Anyone gone under the height barrier at Farlington Marshes Nature Reserve. Just off M 27 Near Havent Portsmouth.(in their Cali)

It is possible but the ground under the barrier is on a slope. When you enter you need to keep to the rhs and preferably have a lookout.

I think @Amarillo might have, if I recall!

I have never dared try. It says it’s 6’3”, (1.9m), and designed to confound Cali Drivers. I *think* the Broadmarsh Coastal Park car park the other side of the marshes is also 1.9m, but you might find somewhere unrestricted to park near the boat slipway on a quiet day. Just watch for restriction notices: it might have limited time parking to launch boats and then you are expected to park in the main car park.

If you are in to cycling, park at the Havant Tesco Car Park and use the rather good coastal cycleway (signed NCN22) to the marshes. 10 minutes by bike (40 minute walk) and no hills.

If you want somewhere to wild camp in the area overlooking the sea, let me know. I know the perfect spot.

I have never dared try. It says it’s 6’3”, (1.9m), and designed to confound Cali Drivers. I *think* the Broadmarsh Coastal Park car park the other side of the marshes is also 1.9m, but you might find somewhere unrestricted to park near the boat slipway on a quiet day. Just watch for restriction notices: it might have limited time parking to launch boats and then you are expected to park in the main car park.

If you are in to cycling, park at the Havant Tesco Car Park and use the rather good coastal cycleway (signed NCN22) to the marshes. 10 minutes by bike (40 minute walk) and no hills.

If you want somewhere to wild camp in the area overlooking the sea, let me know. I know the perfect spot.
Being twitchers we often go there. Would be interested in your wild camp spot please?

It is possible but the ground under the barrier is on a slope. When you enter you need to keep to the rhs and preferably have a lookout.
So you have actually gone under. did not what to drive there and find a non-fit. Rather take the van than my brothers car.

Yes have gone under many times, but with caution. Our van is lowered 30mm though. If someone is coming out, then wait as you need the whole width to manoevre. Have seen transporters in there too.

Yes have gone under many times, but with caution. Our van is lowered 30mm though. If someone is coming out, then wait as you need the whole width to manoevre. Have seen transporters in there too.
Thanks, we are not lowered but may just check it out with care when that way.

yes i have gone under with wife watching, bit tight and the limit bar can be raised a little with the help of a broom pushed up under it if need be, i have solar on the roof but still got under.
for any other surrey ites, cut mill top carpark is tight but i can still get under it, its higher at one side but just be carefull.

Back