Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory night heater

Planar Pete

Planar Pete

Vehicle
Just browsing
FFFA470C-1F88-43A8-AF49-240BA4C80ADC.jpeg Hi all,

I need a little help with oem trims to fit retro planar night heaters.

Fitting the heaters no problem but trying to source trims with oem vents In is a pain.

Main dealer or Tps can’t give me the part numbers for the items unless I have a Reg.

I need a Reg for t6 California with black lower trims and vent in drivers step and b pillar trim next to sliding door.

Pic attached are the trims and vents I’m needing but in black pls.

If you could be so kind to let me a Reg so I can get prices on trims required.

Many thanks
Planar Pete

I am trying to help "Planar Pete" who retro fitted my auxillary / night heater at the weekend.

He has been asked to do the same for a T6 (Beach) which has the black plastic step liners.

He needs a UK reg number so he can order the correct part from VW. Please PM me if you have this combination - factory heating and black plastic step liners on a T6.

Most I have found have the grey plastics.......

Thanks in advance

Gavin

Will it not be the same part number for grey?
But with a separate letter at the end??

Surly if you give them a registration of one with grey trim they can help if you say I want it in black??

Cheers pete,by the way heard good things about your services and I’ll contact you in a few weeks about fitting some heating in a Kombi
Cheers jason

Surely VW would know part numbers of all parts they produce without having to give them a Reg?

Pete these are the part numbers for grey trim
7H5863736N . SIDE STEP WITH AUX HEATER
7E7867292B . B PILLAR TRIM AUX HEATER
hope this helps

Pete these are the part numbers for grey trim
7H5863736N . SIDE STEP WITH AUX HEATER
7E7867292B . B PILLAR TRIM AUX HEATER
hope this helps

I think you will need the colour code adding to those part numbers, 92W is Moonrock Grey there are others.

Thanks all.

Reg or vin numbers do not include optional part numbers, only what’s ticked at order. They look at the screens and not a clue. Hard work talking to them. Lol

Will try the numbers tomorrow

Many thanks

You could ask over on the T6forum as there might be a shuttle or caravell owner with black trim and factory air heater.

Right try this for a theory...

Ask a dealer for a new step for your vehicle as exists which should give you the colour code at the end of the existing step part number.

Now ask the dealer to look up a step with the heater inlet grill for the same year as your vehicle and then the colour code that was found above.

The same process should apply for the 'B' post lower trim etc.

Another good tip is not to go to the front desk asking these questions but to find the trade parts counter, there you usually find more receptive staff.I know that I do at my local dealers.

7H0863736G 9B9 is the black drivers step I ordered recently for my T6.
7E0 867 292L 92W is the B pillar trim cover and then you'll need the 7H0 819 209A front vent and the 7H0 819 383B rear vent to go in them. For the ducting underneath and up the B pillar the parts are 7E0 819 381C, 7E0 819 219, 7H0 819 475 and 7H0 819 655A, you'll need 6 screws N90879402 for the step duct and 2 screws N90739703 for the B pillar duct.
The part numbers above are for moonrock B pillar cover and black vent grilles to go into it.
Check with oemVWshop.com for lists of equivalents in optional colours.

Those parts are for a UK T6 with the non opening right hand side, though they should fit an opener as well.
Again, check online for parts interchangeability.

Back