Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric hook up broken!

BikerGran

BikerGran

Growing old disgracefully
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174

I did that thing yesterday. Jumped in the van, started to revers off our drive and bang! Darn it, that's another New hook-up point I'll have to get. I know other people have done this - but to do it twice! :rolleyes:
Anyway - I expect there's a replacement available in the club shop but no matter how I search, I can't find one - anyone know what they're called?​

Why dont you buy a lanyard when you get the replacement hook up and attach it to your steering wheel each time you hook up as a reminder.

Reactions: JPC
Why dont you buy a lanyard when you get the replacement hook up and attach it to your steering wheel each time you hook up as a reminder.
It doesn't matter what I have, I still have to remember to to put it in place! I have a notice in the door pocket which says in big red letters HOOK UP! I usually put it in front of the speedo when I plug in - if I remember!

I imagine its easier to do in a RHD Cali with the connection on the opposite side of the vehicle. Any damage to the bodywork and is there some failsafe system designed into the Cali that breaks the mounting before any real damage is done to the chassis?

It's a standard Caravan, Motorhome or Camper item available on eBay and most Caravan / Motor home accessory shops. The inner cable may be long enough to pull the unit out far enough to rewire onto the new one without dismantling any furniture inside.

It's a standard Caravan, Motorhome or Camper item available on eBay and most Caravan / Motor home accessory shops. The inner cable may be long enough to pull the unit out far enough to rewire onto the new one without dismantling any furniture inside.
Easy fix. Did mine recently after buying the part on eBay for about £12 from https://caraquip.co.uk/