Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

e-log book suggestions?

HectorPascal

HectorPascal

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We are starting our new (to us) Cali career off this week and thought that we ought to log each trip the machine does in our custodianship. I admit this might sound a bit OCD but we plan to lend the van to our three young-adult children so would like to have a record of everything the van does. A king of Tech Log and record of what happened where and when.

Anyone have any ideas out there?

No but great idea. Following this thread in case there is some sort of app out there that could be used. Be good to get pics and details of places visited etc. I know some keep a book in the van but I like the idea of electronic record.

I wanted to do this too, mainly because having always owned second hand cars with somewhat unknown histories it was very appealing to have a record of everything that's happened to the van. Closest I've gotten is an app called fuelio which can track your fill-ups, maintenance records and a variety of other stuff. for example I've logged when it's gone back to the dealers for remedial work and attached before-and-after photos to the log. You can easily log more memorable trips, holidays in it too.

I have a trackers on my staff Vans, I use a company called fleetobserver. It’s around 350 to fit, and yearly subscription of around £75. I can see where every van is, how fast it’s been going, how much fuel it’s used, what voltage the battery is at......anywhere in the world

5315EBC7-5B92-4E73-B94B-6E6918D5F0EA.png

We are starting our new (to us) Cali career off this week and thought that we ought to log each trip the machine does in our custodianship. I admit this might sound a bit OCD but we plan to lend the van to our three young-adult children so would like to have a record of everything the van does. A king of Tech Log and record of what happened where and when.

Anyone have any ideas out there?
We keep a record of destinations / mileage covered per trip / mpg but just in a book. We did this previously with the Landcruiser. We enjoy looking back & reliving some of the memories as well as photographs :)

We use a phone app called TrackMyTour for major trips. You manually add waypoints upload a photo and it picks up The GPS location and marks on a map. It only shows straight lines between waypoints not actual route driven or mileage but you could add that to start and finish waypoints. You can keep tours private or invite family etc and they can follow.

I have a trackers on my staff Vans, I use a company called fleetobserver. It’s around 350 to fit, and yearly subscription of around £75. I can see where every van is, how fast it’s been going, how much fuel it’s used, what voltage the battery is at......anywhere in the world

View attachment 54765
I hate the tracker in my work van

We use a phone app called TrackMyTour for major trips. You manually add waypoints upload a photo and it picks up The GPS location and marks on a map. It only shows straight lines between waypoints not actual route driven or mileage but you could add that to start and finish waypoints. You can keep tours private or invite family etc and they can follow.
Thanks Beeechke1, We'll look into that.

Back