Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does the beach have blinds?

F

fluff34567

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Hello all, considering buying a T6.1 beach and made a few searches buy can only find posts and comments about a 2014 model and the Google pics don't give good results.

Does the beach come with prefitted roller black out blinds like the ocean?

Apologies if the question seems silly, I really tried searching .

Hello all, considering buying a T6.1 beach and made a few searches buy can only find posts and comments about a 2014 model and the Google pics don't give good results.

Does the beach come with prefitted roller black out blinds like the ocean?

Apologies if the question seems silly, I really tried searching .
Yes but not unless its changed recently, the built in blind for the windscreen.

So only the windscreen has a blind? Sorry, I didn't fully understand your reply.

Unless it’s changed(since 2022) i believe the beach has the same blinds as the coast/ocean apart from the windscreen, where it has a fabric ‘curtain’ that attaches to the sun visors, rather than integral blinds. Personally I think the beach set up is better which is why I’ve purchased one of the front curtains to use in preference to the annoying built in ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent thank you very much for the info,will look into one of the curtains or the window/ side covers

Bus and beyond have a YouTube video which shows the beach blinds

There are built in roller black out blinds on all windows behind passenger / driver seat inc tailgate.

Driver / passenger side windows have magnetic fabric blinds. Windscreen has a large fabric blind which attaches to the sun visors at the top - works very well.

So only the windscreen has a blind? Sorry, I didn't fully understand your reply.
I have new beach camper and it has built-in blinds for all of the windows in the living area.
The drivers cabin area has magnetic removable (not built-in) covers for the door windows (see video below).
The windscreen has a one-piece removable (not built-in) blind (as per fig2) that attaches onto the sunvisors and velcro wraps around the rearview mirror, it has a weighted 'hem' that sits between the dash and base of the window.
1712693197502.png

Other models have.rods/pole assemblies for the windscreen cover...I'm not sure which year these stopped being made? (not shown in the image nor the video but there are videos out there that show them).

This video shows the "fig 1" blind option

Hello all, picked up my beach yesterday and it has the built in blinds for the windscreen and magnetic ones for the driver/ passenger side windows
Same as an Ocean now, then.
Seems odd that Beaches didn’t have the windscreen blind before. Its a camping accessory after all, but perhaps shows VW’s annoying cheapening to try and make Beaches ‘lesser than’ Oceans.

Hello all, picked up my beach yesterday and it has the built in blinds for the windscreen and magnetic ones for the driver/ passenger side windows

That’s interesting- explains why the previous beach front blind is so hard to source now it’s been discontinued. I guess as production comes to an end VW will be trying to minimise variations where possible.

Back