Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does anyone own up nowadays to "minor" parking bumps?

stephen watson

stephen watson

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I noticed some liquid under my van, parked on the road outside my house. I had a quick look and didn't notice anything. My neighbour mentioned it a few days later, so I took a closer look. It was a clear liquid, so not oil. Even after opening the bonnet I didn't notice immediately that someone had reversed into my Cali, pushing the radar sensor into the radiator and puncturing it. No damage to lights at all. No one left a note or said anything. I've got a dashcam but unfortunately it's only live when the ignition is on. I'm pretty sure it was a flatbed truck dimantling scaffolding next door, but have no proof.
Cost to me is £400 xs and losing NCB. Just as bad is it's undriveable and waiting list at bodyshops is into June. And the radar sensor is made in Ukraine and there could easily be longer wait times - perhaps months. The bodyshop told me the cost of the radar sensor and calibration is around £800, even before replacing the bumper/radiator etc.
In an old fashioned world we'd all leave a note, but if you know it's going to personally cost you a lot on your insurance and there's hardly any visible damage, to my mind it's no wonder some people don't own up.

Our car has taken numerous hits when parked at school. Many parents are incompetent when it comes to parking, rushing little Johnny to school. The last damage was a big streak of paint removed from the rear bumper. No note left.
I park down the road to try and avoid this but it still happened.

Back