Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does anyone know what this is?

holliers

holliers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi

In true "Ask the family" (does anyone remember that TV program) style, can anyone tell me where this may have come from?

I found it rattling around in the boot of the Cali the other day. I can't see anywhere obvious that it may have fallen out, but with my "leaking roof" issue (see other post) I'm wondering it there is a connection. It looks more like some kind of bump-stop to be honest, but I thought someone might know.

Hopefully the picture posts correctly

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Photo on 2014-05-11 at 19.39.jpg

Think it is off the front edge of the parcel shelf - cushions the bench seat when sliding back on the rails. Mine fell off (and got lost) on one side too.

Hi

these are the rubber stops off of the parcel shelf which the bench seat bumps into

only refitted both of ours again today for the hundredth time

dave and lisa :thumb

Also found one of those when my cali was a few months.....belive the are the bumper witch the back seat bumps to on the rear shelf
Glued them back in along whit some silicone (tec7)

I found two rolling around the boot space. VW replaced them when the van was in for another warranty job. The new ones came off fist time I used the bed. Doesn't seem to be a problem without them in place. :thumb

Thanks all, that was definitely it. I've reinstalled it.

:thanks

Cheers
Mark

After reading this,, went out pulled Bench seat forward had a look as got same problem and looks like it is,so Huff puff pushed bench seat back ( im parked on a slope ) and can't see needed them as had NO probs to date,also hell of a job fitting them back too ! plus like someone else on here,i have the one only now :x

Just found one rolling about in the boot.

When I went to refit it, I saw the other one was missing too, but not still in the boot...

Maybe I should get half a dozen next time I am near VW?
Then again, at VW prices, maybe I will just get one!

Anybody happen to know the part number & price?

Found one of mine in the back of the Cali - thanks for the info, now stuck back on with a new piece of tape :thumb

I have stuck them in with Evo stick, they are still there

Spent half an hour pouring over the on-line parts catalogue at VW this morning without being able to find this buffer, or even the parcel shelf itself...

Can anybody tell me the part number or (even better) show me the right page of the parts list?

Thanks!

EDIT - Ok, I found it:
7H7 067 310C
It is under "accessories", not "body"...

Both mine came out. Fortunately found them - one in the Cali and one in the garage. Just glued them in again. :D

The Cali has some great design touches. But this is straight out of a tvr.

I will try the glue idea next time.

Pathetic design from a major auto manufacturer. A one piece would have made so much more sense than the farce we have.

I bought a couple of spares from VW & installed them OK (remove plastic bracket & PULL rubber buffer through from "behind", using a spot of washing-up liquid as lube).

Several months later, I again noticed one in the boot & the other was missing & lost.

So I put new ones in again - with Araldite this time.

But I also wondered why they keep coming out...
I suspect it is when the parcel shelf is tipped up while the rear seat is pushed hard back against the buffer, which is then in compression.
Or, even more likely, when the parcel shelf is tipped back again afterwards while the rear seat is in that same position, so there isn't really room to "slide" the buffer into the space available.

So, as well as glueing the buffers in, I resolved to always pull the seat forward one notch after pushing it back fully.
Of course I need to remember to do that every time & so does everybody else...

Will see how long they stay in place now!

I did wonder about just leaving them out, but in that case it looks like the seat belts can be trapped between the seat & the shelf, which might not be a good idea.

It really is a lousy design!

I found some advice on another thread. It was something like 'put the in the ashtray until you can think of what to do with them'. Mine have been there since the February. No apparent I'll affect.

Rick

Haven't got any on mine fell out first week of ownership. That was 7 years ago.

As i glued those rubbers in with silicone and still managed to come loose on our trip to Norway recently. Lowering the backrest on the benchseat in combination with the seat not rolled enough forwarts causing the rubbers to be pulled out
So i replaced them with other rubber stoppers , leaving them out could cause in a ratlle when seat touches the rear shelf and we don't want any xtra ratlles....
Original rubbers:
image.jpg

Needed material 2x
image.jpg

Modified material:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Placed a double nut preventing to come lose itself...
image.jpg

Result:
image.jpg
That won't come off again!
:thumb

Last edited:
Other than stopping rattles, they also stop the rear shelf jamming the rear seatbelt, without them if the bench is pushed up hard against the bench the seatbelt can get trapped.

The club shop sells replacements for these. Look under General Spare Parts.

The club shop sells replacements for these. Look under General Spare Parts.

Yeah , and they probally fall out as quick as the original!
Now i also got a set for sale....anyone?
;)

Back