Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Disklok size for the Cali Ocean

nigpdreadingfc

nigpdreadingfc

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi
I have a 2020 Cali Ocean and will be buying a Disklok for it.

I've done a search, but the posts are quite old and don't know if the 6.1 Ocean's steering wheel has changed enough to need a different size from previously??

Would any of you good folk know which size would fit the current Ocean, please? TIA

Last edited:
Hi

I've done a search, but the posts are quite old and don't know if the 6.1 Ocean's steering wheel has changed enough to need a different size from previously??

Would any of you good folk know which size would fit the current Ocean, please? TIA
My Son-I-L Fiesta ST was stolen with the disclock still installed.
Get a ghost and S7 tracker fitted for £550 and you’ll keep it forever.
Or £60 on a Stoplock Pro.
Goes through the steering wheel.

My Son-I-L Fiesta ST was stolen with the disclock still installed.
Get a ghost and S7 tracker fitted for £550 and you’ll keep it forever.
Or £60 on a Stoplock Pro.
Goes through the steering wheel.
I have stop lock pro & Ghost
I already have a Meta Trak Deadlock S5 immobiliser and tracker fitted, but wanted something more visual to help deter the opportunists in this world

Have bought the small Disklok and steering wheel protector. Thanks @Poodlehat2222

I already have a Meta Trak Deadlock S5 immobiliser and tracker fitted, but wanted something more visual to help deter the opportunists in this world

Have bought the small Disklok and steering wheel protector. Thanks @Poodlehat2222
Opportunistic car thieves won't be stealing a California unless they have access to the keys.
Theft from the California, brick through window, will not be stopped by a steering wheel lock.
Nothing will phase an organised professional car theft gang.
Good insurance and common sense are the first priority. Just my personal take on vehicle security.

Hi

Disklok "small" is the model you need for a 37cm steering wheel. I ordered one and installed it on my VW California.
It looks like a great detterant but the CALI is too big for it as I can still drive the car with the Disklok ON the steering wheel!.
First you can easily put your hands on the Disklok and firmly grab the steering wheel under it with your fingertips curled around the edges.
Then, you can freely turn the steering wheel as the "handle" is to short and doesn't get blocked by the windscreen, nor by the door nor by the DSG gear stick.
Seriously, I was able to drive a 360 circle of 20meter diameter on a parking lot by only having to reverse once.
Even the reversing once may not have been really necessary but it's a new car so I don't want to damage or scratch anything inside.
CONCLUSION: A thief can drive away with a CALI as if there was no Disklok at all! (and remove the lock once he/she is in a more private location)
The manufacturer should publish a list of compatible CARS in addition to his list of compatible steering wheel sizes.

Hi

Hmm i believe its the small one

Thanks all for your replies. Small Disklok purchased

I appreciate you're all sorted, but in case anyone else ventures this way...

I was also looking for a VISIBLE deterrent to augment any electronic 'feature', and settled on the Milenco Commercial High Security Steering Wheel Lock, available from Amazon and elsewhere.
Be sure it is the 'commercial' version as it is long enough too effectively prevent steering the vehicle once in place. Your biggest issue is likely to be finding a place to store it while driving :)

2023-07-03 12.29.22.jpg

Back