Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dipstick, how much oil from min to max please?

colintfcolintf

colintfcolintf

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone tell me, or point me in the right direction please, how much oil is required to go from min to max on the dipstick? I’ve not found the info yet, but had a quick look. Many thanks in advance

I think its a liter, possibly 2. Easy to check though.

Just don't fill it to the full mark otherwise you will potentially cause problems. Midway is ideal.

I once found myself in a Scottish town, Elgin I think, with a red light on. I found a useful VW car dealer who was very helpful and after showing the dipstick behind the wheel where the dipstick under the bonnet was then proceeded to pour in just under a litre.

Does it say anywhere in the handbook does anyone know?

Can anyone tell me, or point me in the right direction please, how much oil is required to go from min to max on the dipstick? I’ve not found the info yet, but had a quick look. Many thanks in advance
It is approximately a litre between min and max. Filling up to max on a level surface is fine, but you must not go above max at all so worth putting it in a bit at a time until it's just below max.

Many thanks all.
I guess best to aim for half way between max and needing to top up levels. I’m about 1/4 dept up from having to add some at the moment.

Many thanks all.
I guess best to aim for half way between max and needing to top up levels. I’m about 1/4 dept up from having to add some at the moment.
Glad you saw the funny side

bottom to top is 1 litre MAX,
avoid filling to the top aim to be half to three quarters max when warm (operating temperature = park up level, wait 5 minutes check the level, top up a bit at a time )

Glad you saw the funny side

bottom to top is 1 litre MAX,
avoid filling to the top aim to be half to three quarters max when warm (operating temperature = park up level, wait 5 minutes check the level, top up a bit at a time )
Many thanks for the guidance, it is greatly appreciated.
there‘s a huge amount to learn being new to these.

It is approximately a litre between min and max. Filling up to max on a level surface is fine, but you must not go above max at all so worth putting it in a bit at a time until it's just below max.
Which bit did you disagree with @B J G ?

Trial and error.

Back