Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Difference Between MY21 and MY22 Please

Bumble The Van

Bumble The Van

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I have my cali ocean 4 motion in build at the moment after waiting so long with all the delays and one huge bonus i hope is its now become a MY22 vehicle and not MY21, can anyone please tell me what the difference is and are there any add ons extras over the MY21. Thank you so much

one huge bonus i hope is its now become a MY22 vehicle and not MY21,

Not sure its a bonus, the only changes I am aware of are a smaller alternator, possibly wireless phone charging in the centre cup holder & the reinstatement of remote locking in the We Connect App.
You should also get the long awaited fly screens for the sliding windows.

Not sure its a bonus, the only changes I am aware of are a smaller alternator, possibly wireless phone charging in the centre cup holder & the reinstatement of remote locking in the We Connect App.
You should also get the long awaited fly screens for the sliding windows.
thank you andy , when you say smaller alternator may i ask where you read this , thats surly a down side as a bigger alternator charges batteries faster ?

thank you andy , when you say smaller alternator may i ask where you read this , thats surly a down side as a bigger alternator charges batteries faster ?
Its in the brochure. No one has ever said that the yearly changes are always improvements! 2020 to 2021 lost the sports mode on the gearbox, a major downgrade in my opinion.

I can confirm we connect now shows locking and unlocking as an option, two fly screens. No evidence of seatbelt unfastening detection. Haven't physically checked the alternator but in my view 180A is more suitable than 250A. Both diesel heaters are still fitted. No evidence of heater control via app.

Not that I have a phone to test it, but no sign of inductive charging either.

And not sure if this was fixed in the MY21 but MY22 is wired to correctly sense aft battery voltage.

I can confirm we connect now shows locking and unlocking as an option, two fly screens. No evidence of seatbelt unfastening detection. Haven't physically checked the alternator but in my view 180A is more suitable than 250A. Both diesel heaters are still fitted. No evidence of heater control via app.
really really helpful thank you

I'm not sure if everyone did - but I got flyscreens in my MY21 that I got in April - they are basically unused as they are useless in Scotland (the alternative Jerba midge screens were superb this summer) and they are a bit of a pain to fit but they do exist.

So from what I can tell on mine the only noticeable difference is lock/unlock via the app, not had people in the back seats when travelling so cannot confirm that particular issue, no wireless charging though. Their might be some others but this is my first Cali so have nothing to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had heard that the radio would stay on using the leisure batteries. Would love to know if this is the case.
Would be lovely to use it for longer than 20 mins without draining the starter battery

I had heard that the radio would stay on using the leisure batteries. Would love to know if this is the case.
Would be lovely to use it for longer than 20 mins without draining the starter battery
I agree it would...but have it on good authority it can’t be done with the factory head unit. Such a shame it’s not wired to the leisure battery (which can be done) and operate indefinitely as long as the battery was capable (which can’t be done)

It definitely times out on MY22 on the standard ocean unit.

In my MY20 Ocean the radio is powered from leisure batteries according to the schematics, but it still times out.

Back