Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control panel help.

R

roadrunner 45

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello All,

I am getting the Cali ready for a trip in a couple of weeks time , first of the year due to various reasons and while checking everything is working I have noticed the control panel flashing with wrong time and I am unable to select anything eg roof etc. it is just flashing on the same screen.
I have plugged it in to see if this will stop it flashing but it does not.

Any ideas of where I go from here?

Thanks for your help.

Hello All,

I am getting the Cali ready for a trip in a couple of weeks time , first of the year due to various reasons and while checking everything is working I have noticed the control panel flashing with wrong time and I am unable to select anything eg roof etc. it is just flashing on the same screen.

Thanks for your help.

I read a post of the forum that there is a issue with the software of the display. I am guessing you ride a t6.1. There should be a fuse you have to unplug to rest the display. Have a look on the forum. To rhead is only a few days old. Should not be far away.

I’ve just changed my leisure batteries and had the same thing. I found I could press the centre of the rotary dial and it took me to the time and date setting screen.

I read a post of the forum that there is an issue with the software of the display. I am guessing you ride a t6.1. There should be a fuse you have to unplug to rest the display. Have a look on the forum. To rhead is only a few days old. Should not be far away.
Thanks for the post , I should have explained better my Cali is T5 2011.

I’ve just changed my leisure batteries and had the same thing. I found I could press the centre of the rotary dial and it took me to the time and date setting screen.
Mine is stuck on the constantly flashing screen showing the time and will not move from there.

Hello All,

Thanks for your help.
Check Control Panel Diagnostics.

Press L lower button.
Control Panel Off and wait 30 secs

Press L lower button.
Control Panel On

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On.

Reset time and date.

Try Roof/Heater or Fridge

I think you need to set the time.
On my T5 it won’t do anything until you set the time.
Press the round button and scroll to clock or date or time whatever it says and set the time and date etc.

Back