Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VIP Discount Comfort Insurance VIP Discount

Thanks Martin. Already had a quote with Comfort awaiting activation for our new arrival next week. Phoned them today and they have applied the 5% saving to it. :thumb

Thanks Martin. Already had a quote with Comfort awaiting activation for our new arrival next week. Phoned them today and they have applied the 5% saving to it. :thumb
Hello, updating this old thread as I had used it, note as at September 2023 (and maybe even before then) that Comfort Insurance (Aviva) no longer offer a discount for Club VIP members. I asked the question today when looking for a quote.

Hello, updating this old thread as I had used it, note as at September 2023 (and maybe even before then) that Comfort Insurance (Aviva) no longer offer a discount for Club VIP members. I asked the question today when looking for a quote.
Yes I believe they stopped doing this when the law on stopping insurance discounts for only new customers was introduced around 2 years ago. Another law with no upside!

Yes I believe they stopped doing this when the law on stopping insurance discounts for only new customers was introduced around 2 years ago. Another law with no upside!
I guess the only upside is that people renewing their insurance are not subsidising new customers with overinflated premiums.

I haven’t noticed this with a 30% increase this year and 20% last year. :(

I haven’t noticed this with a 30% increase this year and 20% last year. :(
Mine stayed the same last year and went down this year.
Also make sure the valuation is correct as they won't pay out more than the vehicle is worth and some insurers don't seem to adjust the valuation with age although some do.

Just had my renewal notice from Comfort (Aviva). With all the recent news about motor insurance price rises it’s not as bad as I was expecting. Quite the opposite in fact, it’s gone down from £575 last year to £560. Cheapest I could find on comparison websites was >£800 so very happy. :)

Just had my renewal from LV. For 2 cars it was 660 last year and 1060 this year. CBA with a ring around as not convinced I'd get any cheaper for the two of them, but a 60% increase is a little nuts.

Just had my renewal notice from Comfort (Aviva). With all the recent news about motor insurance price rises it’s not as bad as I was expecting. Quite the opposite in fact, it’s gone down from £575 last year to £560. Cheapest I could find on comparison websites was >£800 so very happy. :)
Actually now reduced to £475.10 :)
Last year had unlimited mileage, this year gone for up to £10k
Only done 23k in total across the last 3 years so seemed sensible. Can change it mid term if I look like breaking the 10k limit.
Happy days.

The biggest shock this year was house & contents insurance, up from £900 to £1,900 and after adjusting valuations to avoid being under insured and getting multiple quotes ……….£2,600! Blimey! I Hope our Ocean renewal with Comfort is lower than last year, that would be very nice.

Back