Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

clean air grant - retrofit solution . Anyone had success

chez786

chez786

VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi

owner of a 2011. Vw california. se . Here in Bradford we have been given a grant to either upgrade our van or retrofit a solution to comply with our Ulez - we currently are exempt from the Ulez in our area due to having owned our vehicle prior to its start date . Has anyone managed to source someone to do it ? Seems a shame to ignore the free money and not retrofit the van .

Hi

owner of a 2011. Vw california. se . Here in Bradford we have been given a grant to either upgrade our van or retrofit a solution to comply with our Ulez - we currently are exempt from the Ulez in our area due to having owned our vehicle prior to its start date . Has anyone managed to source someone to do it ? Seems a shame to ignore the free money and not retrofit the van .
For a diesel engine to meet Euro6 regulations you would need a DPF fitted, if not already fitted, and a SCR system ( AdBlue ). Technically possible but practically prohibitively expensive.

Hi

It definitely is not free money. You and many other are paying for it.

Looks like there is at least one company doing it (adding SCR) for Euro 5 Transporters that already have the DPF

Page 5 of this list

Post on the T4 forum suggested a ball park £5k price.
Depends on how much the grant to retrofit is I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like there is at least one company doing it (adding SCR) for Euro 5 Transporters that already have the DPF

Page 5 of this list

Post on the T4 forum suggested a ball park £5k price.
Depends on how much the grant to retrofit is I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks have sent an email . The grant seems to be £4000