Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cannot open my bench seat drawer.

TheJonesFamily

TheJonesFamily

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi everyone. I can see previous threads regarding this issue but pulling the seat belt buckles and sliding the seat back and forth etc do no work for me. I cannot open my drawer, the catch seems to release on the right hand side (looking at the drawer) but on the left side it is stuck. I did think something had jammed but after accessing the drawer through the back and moving things around in the drawer I can’t see anything that is doing this. I’m stuck now as I have things in the drawer I use regularly and I can’t get access to them. Can anyone point me in the right direction of someone who can help me with this. I live near Bakewell, Derbyshire, thanks.

Yours isn’t the first to get stuck. Happened twice for us. 1st time, a supermarket bag got stuck under one side. I caught a glimpse from the rear, and 10 minutes pushing and pulling I tugged it out. 2nd time, a bbq skewer was at an angle.

Here’s a thread with other ideas for you…

Mine has got stuck twice before. The catch was loose to the bar that moves so didn’t unlatch. Tightened and added a spot of superglue the second time.
To get it open I cut the webbing strap near the ski hatch that loosely holds the seat base. When cut you can lift the seat base and get at everything.

Back