Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can a T6 Beach become an 8-seater with a pair of benches in rear?

H

Harv

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have been through all the threads, and googled a lot: but I cannot see anyone who has installed two of the 3-seater benches in the back of a Beach (T6). This would make the beach an 8 seater, with two captain seats up front.

Plus I want to find out if you could then flatten both benches to form the bed (without the multi flex board)? Then it could function like a Bongo Friendee?

Thanks

bongo seating.jpg

I expect all sorts of legality issues, especially if you ended up in a bump. The vehicle was never designed for that many occupants.

I have been through all the threads, and googled a lot: but I cannot see anyone who has installed two of the 3-seater benches in the back of a Beach (T6). This would make the beach an 8 seater, with two captain seats up front.

Plus I want to find out if you could then flatten both benches to form the bed (without the multi flex board)? Then it could function like a Bongo Friendee?

Thanks

View attachment 119115
Firstly will DVLA allow it?
Secondly, if DVLA say yes will your Insurance company allow it?

The fact that you may be able to fit 2 three seat benches in is immaterial if the sliding system, which only uses 2 rails is not strong enough and not rated for such usage by VW.
Remember in a 7 seater Beach you are utilising an outer rail + central rail for seats 6 & 7, not just the 2 outer rails that the bench seat uses.

Back