California Hire in Europe

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,

There are numerous hire companies in the UK but to avoid the high mileage trips in our own California with our 2 year old, do you know of anywhere further afield that hire California's? We were thinking Greece, Portugal or Spain.

Thanks,

Andrew.

There is one in Barcelona - Chilli Campers, I think

One in north Italy near Bolzano next to the Austrian border... Called "Top service nalles"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Belgium and Holland there must be a few , if you like i will search them up for you...but maybe it are not the countries you start your vacation.
I'm just wondering , if you got a cali with all the usual personal stuff you use on hollidays in it , it could well be a bummer to rent one with almost and empty booth...
Or are you gonna swap all your gear in the rental ...?
Ever thought of taking the train with the cali on it...i think it is possible?

Id have to say that the trip is half the fun surely, we've gone all over Europe with our three, and theyve loved it, every minute

To reduce the mileage what about the ferry, Portsmouth/Plymouth to Santander/Bilbao, for Spain and Portugal.
If you went to Greece would you fly there? Pay for flights then hire what you have already got at home. How are you going to take all your equipment on a plane?
As said above the journey for us is as enjoyable as the destination although our children are now grown up.
To have a Cali stood idle on the driveway at home and then pay hundreds of euros in peak season to hire a Cali abroad seems like madness to me but each to their own!

Hi,

I hired a Cali from a firm called Blacksheep based in Lyon France last year. The price was much cheaper than hiring in the UK. Good service also and they trusted me with a brand new Cali. I loved it so much that i have now bought a Cali.
Regards
Mike

I made a list of companies where you can hire VW Campervans in Holland, Belgium and the rest of the world.
There are also addresses in Italy, South of France, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal and the Canary Islands.
See this link

Regards,

Wim

Last edited:
I made a list of companies where you can hire VW Campervans in Holland, Belgium and the rest of the world.
There are also addresses in Italy, South of France, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal and the Canary Islands.
See this link

Regards,

Wim
Now thats a list....Ajspicer , i think you can do some research now!

See this link

Regards,

Wim

We're not on your list :(:(:(:(:(