Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Weight

sebking

sebking

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
so:

2475kg (add another 50 if your 4 Motion)

+ 80l diesel
+ 30l water
+ 10l waste water
+ 2 adults
+ 2 kids 9+11
+ 1 bike rack
+ 4 bikes + helmets, spaces
+ food
+ tent
+ 4 wetsuits
+ camping kit for 2 weeks.
+ books, maps, toys and clobber

max laden weight = 3000kg, I'm sure we were over that this week, and that's insurance invalidity time.

thinking a trip to the nearest weigh bridge with a normal holiday load (excl people might be interesting) - think about it folks that's quite scary.

Seb

Best leave the wife and kids at home :rofl :rofl :rofl seriously seb that's a good point
Although I always try and travel light no extra tent or bikes :thumb it soon mounts up

Yeah and loose the water and dry the suits... ;-)

Gosh, we had all that plus 60 kg of kayaks on the roof!

sebking said:
so:

2475kg (add another 50 if your 4 Motion)

+ 80l diesel
+ 30l water
+ 10l waste water
+ 2 adults
+ 2 kids 9+11
+ 1 bike rack
+ 4 bikes + helmets, spaces
+ food
+ tent
+ 4 wetsuits
+ camping kit for 2 weeks.
+ books, maps, toys and clobber

max laden weight = 3000kg, I'm sure we were over that this week, and that's insurance invalidity time.

thinking a trip to the nearest weigh bridge with a normal holiday load (excl people might be interesting) - think about it folks that's quite scary.

Seb

Hi Seb

I wouldn't stress to much about it - I get checked by VOSA/Police probably once every 3 months and during that time I have never been weighed. The chances of anyone actually bothering you are infinitely slim :thumb

They are far more interested in un-road worthy and illegal vehicles that have no insurance etc

I thought the 50kg limit was if you wanted to raise the roof with stuff on top. We take the kayaks off before roof raising. I also thought the static weight limit of the roof was 75kg. But this is what has seeped into my consciousness rather than being something I once looked up.

Not to de-rail this great topic. Fully loaded with all our kit i only managed 7 mpg starting up the hill this morning. You can certainly feel the weight especially here in Cornwall when your hit be one of the 60mph gusts of wind :shocked .

Vosa and rozzers not the issue, but in the event of an accident it could be awkward. Having seen three pretty nasty crashes on the M6 yesterday it made me wonder.

Probably not that interesting really ,but 2475kg isn't that much more than my last holdsworth villa 3 T25 ....

Points to note:

Almost any SUV is over 2.5 tonnes - an X6, X6, RR, Merc ML. A Disco is 2.8 tonnes. A LC Amazon is 48 tonnes ;)

However maybe it's time to buy carbon fibre kitchen utensils... :D

I reckon our extras weigh 50kgs max. Maybe 65 with boards and roof rack.

Andy said:
A LC Amazon is 48 tonnes

Wow that's one heavy LC ! I think you missed out a decimal point.... 4.8 tonne

I was being silly... ;)

It's actually more like 2.8 for the current model. Previous shape was 2.7ish tonnes.

Back