Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bridgestone all weather tyres

Kenisted

Kenisted

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Has anyone had problems with the Bridgestone all weather tyres fitted from the factory
Took delivery of my Ocean January 23
I’ve had 3 punchers resulting in two new tyres, one in Scotland the other in Norway, some of the finest roads you’ll come across

Has anyone had problems with the Bridgestone all weather tyres fitted from the factory
Took delivery of my Ocean January 23
I’ve had 3 punchers resulting in two new tyres, one in Scotland the other in Norway, some of the finest roads you’ll come across
You are not the first. The Bridgestones are terrible. Soft sidewalls, and tread pattern that is stone and rock magnet. I can't wait for these to wear down a bit so I can be some pucka rubber.

I am happy with my MICHELIN CROSSCLIMATE + 235/55 R17 103Y. Mind you, they're not suited for off road/muddy tracks but for normal road use they are excellent. Don't wait for yours to wear down, just put them on eBay and get yourself some better ones.

Intruiging...All weather factory/dealer fit were Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons when I got mine and have been great.

Spilt a sidewall on our 255/45 R18 Bridgestones in Ireland when I bumped a curb coming out of a petrol station. VW assistance were pretty useless but fortunately the insurers support was impeccable- new tyre fitted on a Sunday at the roadside within 2 hours of it happening.

Will probably swap them all in a year to something more resilient.

You are not the first. The Bridgestones are terrible. Soft sidewalls, and tread pattern that is stone and rock magnet. I can't wait for these to wear down a bit so I can be some pucka rubber.
Thank you

Thank you
Where was the damage and what caused it, sharp stones, impacts with curbs/potholes, road debris like nails? It must have been quite extensive or in the sidewall or shoulder to have required 2 replacements. I think the carcass on these Turanza's is especially weak. Certainly not up to the task of supporting a 3 tonne campervan.

Try a search, you’ll find plenty of bad reviews of the A005 for punctures. I had three in a few months. Swapped to Latitude Cross and puncture free after twice the mileage.

Happy that mine are now off the Cali. Only 4 season tyre available in 2019 in the 255/45/18 size so no choice. I had a few punctures over the years but the camber pull is really annoying. I thought it was the VW but I got a great deal on A005 for my Volvo last November so put a set on that. Lo and behold I have the same camber pull (which wasnt there intially or before on the old tyres) . Rotating the tyres helps

And the wear rate is horrific. Have 5k miles on the CC and they look as new on the front. 9 to 11k on the A005 and kaput

Where was the damage and what caused it, sharp stones, impacts with curbs/potholes, road debris like nails? It must have been quite extensive or in the sidewall or shoulder to have required 2 replacements. I think the carcass on these Turanza's is especially weak. Certainly not up to the task of supporting a 3 tonne campervan.
1st was a nail on the outside, unrepaiable
2nd hole in middle of tread repaired
3rd hole in middle again, went bang as driving, probably run flat for 50 yds completely shredded inside walls to dust

1st was a nail on the outside, unrepaiable
2nd hole in middle of tread repaired
3rd hole in middle again, went bang as driving, probably run flat for 50 yds completely shredded inside walls to dust
That confirms the construction is woeful and should never be specced for a 3t van. I don't understand why we don't get Conti's. The factory is literally across the road.

Back