Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brave points - painting my van!

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Had a really annoying stone chip about two weeks into Cali ownership. A re-spray was a bit OTT so braved some touch up paint - perfect match. Two coats so far applied with a similar steady hand to that of a brain surgeon (I used to make a lot of model kits!) and just lacquer to go.

Going to get some for my BM too which has picked up a few chips.

Only a tenner too!

www.CarPaintRepair.co.uk

Iain&Shani said:
..... and here's me thinking you had done a landscape down the one side! :doh

That's next.

Massive Eagle one side, huge Wolf the other.

Just to be well classy... ;)

KernowLad said:
Had a really annoying stone chip about two weeks into Cali ownership. A re-spray was a bit OTT so braved some touch up paint - perfect match. Two coats so far applied with a similar steady hand to that of a brain surgeon (I used to make a lot of model kits!) and just lacquer to go.

Going to get some for my BM too which has picked up a few chips.

Only a tenner too!

http://www.CarPaintRepair.co.uk

Cheers for the link kernow, i needed to get something sorted for my transporter - in my case a nasty chip about the size of the old 1/2p coin (showing my age there) in front of the offside rear wheelarch.
I can beat you as i think it happened on the drive back from the garage after picking it up :censor

Had a quote of 280+VAT to sort it via the VW approved paint shop, think a touch up will do though.

="KernowLad"
Massive Eagle one side, huge Wolf the other.

Just to be well classy... ;)

Or..................
flower-power-VW-camper.jpg

:shocked :shocked

Lovely! But nothing to polish! For a sad old OCD git like me, that's not on.

So an eagle and a wolf it is...

Wife looked at my "work" today and genuinely couldn't tell where they chip was. Splendid!

Perhaps you could do mine when my paint turns up - not sure if i have the delicate touch or the patience to do it properly. :grin:

Freeley said:
Perhaps you could do mine when my paint turns up - not sure if i have the delicate touch or the patience to do it properly. :grin:

Combine a teenage unhealthy obsession with models kits (used to wet and dry brush, airbrush and all sorts) with another slightly worrying obsession with "detailing" and there's a fair bit of stuff I'd rather do myself! And yes, I ask dealers NOT to clean my cars as they aren't quite as nerdy as me and cars can come back with swirl marks and other nasties.

First thing I did when the van came back was a full pressure wash/snow foam, polished and sealed the paint and also sealed the alloys.

Oh dear... :oops: :lol:

:shocked :shocked

Great pic! :clap :clap

If it doesn't get taken down....!

Back