Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blind above kitchen unit

C

cotters

2007 2.5L Cali- The blind above the kitchen unit does stay in position when down.

I can't see an easy way of removing the housing at the top to check the mechanism...any suggestions

Relatively common problem, some have had blinds replaced under warranty.

Easiest solution is a very (very) small piece of the soft side of Velcro stuck to the trim at the bottom of the channel... Did mine this way as I've had more damage done to the trim when things have been removed under warranty.

Rgds

M

Great idea, I have a similar problem in that the blind raises by a few cm when shut, not the end of the world but still annoying. Will try this out, nice one!

Thanks, I was quite pleased with myself when I thought of it. The other half was less impressed and told me to grow up!

I've had similar issues with that blind on mine - i found that when pulling it down if i held it down for a few seconds before letting go it would then stay in position.
Likewise the blind on the rear offside window.

I can confirm the brilliance of SimplyDubs solution. I too was not convinced that a garage repair was going to make things better but the Velcro did the trick very nicely.

Back