Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blackview LTE dashcam

M

myvanrodney

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Wow!

Anyone else installed a blackview dashcam that is connected to the internet (LTE or WiFi)?

Ive just been informed by the app that if I want to view more than 10mins of live view in a month, I need to pay £14 a month for the privilege (I have a front and rear camera). This is ontop of the £4 vodafone data charge (and the £600 purchase price).

Am I mad, or is this a rip off?

..ok I see a lite subscription that is £7 per month for 30mins per day. ... crikes, is this what everyone else has resigned to paying?

We have the 750 but didn’t buy the LTE module. I didn’t think it was worth the recurring cost.

I have a Spitz X300 dual sim router powered from my solar distribution board.

My Unlimited Smarty Sim is £20 a month and my blackvue 770 XBox 3 camera setup connects to that full time so I can remote in whenever I want.
It records to a sim, and then uploads when it has internet connectivity.
I’ve had up to 699 Meg down and 93 meg up with this config.
IMG_0887.jpeg

We have LTE for Euro wifi. While we could and have used for live view it is very occasional and I’d be surprised if it’s been 30 minutes in the last year, never mind a month. It’s not a use case that would bother most owners methinks.

I've got a 750S front and back setup on the basic free plan. Connected to the internet using a Netgear Nighthawk 4G router in the van with an £8 a month O2 sim. So far had no issues - been able to connect live on occasions (not many tbh) and view uploaded recordings with seemingly no limit.

Okay I think I jumped the gun again (must take an angry pill :D).. so it’s £4 extra a month (front and back cams count as one ‘device’). Still a bit of a con, but you can’t take it with you eh.

Thanks for all the replies.. yes own hotspot crossed my mind and yes live view is probably not a great thing to get obsessed with.

I’ve just ordered a polarising filter which hopefully will help with the dash and pillar reflections.

Back