Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bike rack dents

Julesmo

Julesmo

just wondering what I should do.
I got a vw used cali from a vw garage. Only used by vw for about 6 months. It had a standard vw bike rack fitted. I've been away for a month or so in it, came home and took the bike rack off for the first time, found a dent and a nasty scuff/scratch mark in the paint, caused by the rack.
Now im just wondering if it's worth pointing out to the dealer and trying to get them to sort it? Or am I likely to get told to bugger off?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm not having much luck with the cali as the passenger door got ripped out of hand on opening, by the wind, flew open, broke the hinge and has slightly creased the wing! Absolutely gutted. Just wonder what's coming next!

I would expect the small print in any dealers contract (VW or not) would say it is not new so sold as seen re condition of body work - stone chips etc ( apart from manufacturing faults)

Yeh, was kind of thinking the same. But thought I'd get some views on the matter. Thanks .

If you don't ask you don't get

I would expect the small print in any dealers contract (VW or not) would say it is not new so sold as seen re condition of body work - stone chips etc ( apart from manufacturing faults)

Tend to agree with Andy on this, very common position on used vehicles unless normal manufacturing/warranty issues.

Got to be worth a go, but see it as a positive if they agree... don't get hung up on it or let it spoil your enjoyment.

ATB

Mark

We keep ours on all the time. You could always put it back on then it wouldn't notice so much.

I wanted to take ours off for the winter and found out that previous owner had it glued with a silicone. I left it on as I didn't want to make any damage.
Maybe it was done not to rattle or something. Anybody else had it glued this way?

Sounds odd. I'd take it off and strip the silicone off... Just to check there's no damage.

just wondering what I should do.
I got a vw used cali from a vw garage. Only used by vw for about 6 months. It had a standard vw bike rack fitted. I've been away for a month or so in it, came home and took the bike rack off for the first time, found a dent and a nasty scuff/scratch mark in the paint, caused by the rack.
Now im just wondering if it's worth pointing out to the dealer and trying to get them to sort it? Or am I likely to get told to bugger off?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm not having much luck with the cali as the passenger door got ripped out of hand on opening, by the wind, flew open, broke the hinge and has slightly creased the wing! Absolutely gutted. Just wonder what's coming next!
The VW bike rack, when fitted correctly, should have some transparent, self-adhesive plastic pads at the points where the rack rests on the paintwork. These protective pads come with the rack when new & can be bought as an accessory if you buy or sell a rack second-hand. If these protective pads were not fitted by your dealer when he installed the bike-rack, I think you would have a strong case for complaint.

Back