Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach no hook up

Lucifer

Lucifer

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach 199
Hi

I bought a T6.1 California online and did not see that it hasn't got a port to hook it up at a campsite.

The car was already paid for, and I travelled 900km's to pick it up, so too late to back out of my purchase.

Does anyone have any tips/advice for me to retrofit this, or something simpler?

I was thinking of a trickle charger and running the cable to somewhere under the hood, so I can plug it in without slamming a cable between the doors.

But I don't know if this supplies enough power for a fridge and the night heater (that seems to draw a lot of power from the leisure battery...)

Thanks!

We had it retrofitted for £300; Most companies that service motorhomes / campers will be able to do it it for you.

Hook up is in the engine bay next to the engine battery, 2 x 240 sockets in van (1 in normal place, 1 in the boot) + fusebox / isolator hidden in the jack bay.

But we have not needed to use it since having solar panels fitted!

What fridge do you have?

We had it retrofitted for £300; Most companies that service motorhomes / campers will be able to do it it for you.

Hook up is in the engine bay next to the engine battery, 2 x 240 sockets in van (1 in normal place, 1 in the boot) + fusebox / isolator hidden in the jack bay.

But we have not needed to use it since having solar panels fitted!

What fridge do you have?
I fitted a Maxxcamp FlexiModule »WILLY« to be able to register it as a camper in Belgium.
Mainly for tax reasons, because the 199hp 4-motion would otherwise costs me about 6000euro's to register + high yearly tax. This module has a Dometic 'CF-26' in it.

Future proof any mods by being able to hookup a LiFePO4 power pack when you want. A single AGM battery isn't going to go far wrt off grid power.

Future proof any mods by being able to hookup a LiFePO4 power pack when you want. A single AGM battery isn't going to go far wrt off grid power.
I would be happy if I can hook up/charge when on the grid :)