Awning side panels

Skylark2.0

Skylark2.0

The adventure with Starlight Expess begins
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
So, does anyone have a side panel for the awning and how much do you use it? We move the van nearly everyday and take minimal stuff. What I really want is a Brandrup one, to match our silver van and awning. Even if I bought one from Germany it would be €150 which is horribly expensive.

What does anyone use and how much is it used?

Starlight express

I use the Comfortz leisure sides they fit in with the tailgate chairs and
By the time my better half has brushed her teeth they are packed away
A 5 minute job

I have some custom made by Ulli at CalforniaCamping.. The originals to match the Mütze.

Now stock item.

Expensive but cracking kit. We've had them for over 5 years, use them all the time. Less than 5 minutes to put on and loads of space due to their shape unlike some of the others. Loads of option as they are made up of a few different panels.

This is without the front two panels.

View media item 409
California-Camping.de

Last edited:
Reactions: EPO
I had a Brandrup one on my Reflex Silver Beach (colour is a great match) van and we used it all the time, as a wind break, privacy and for shade, its one of the best accessories I own in my opinion.
I now have two with my SE, tempted to get the front one now too

image.jpg We have the silver California Camping panels and roof topper that go well with our silver van.
We use the panels on every trip as Archie sleeps in there at night in his pop up cage, as well as somewhere to put the potta potti and other general junk at night. If we are around camp in the day time we throw them up over the awning so they are out of the way (as in my avatar photo).
Very quick to put on and off. They are expensive but very well made and we couldn't do without them. We opted for panels rather than a tent for speed of erection ( we are usually the ones turning up as it gets dark on a Friday after work) and to maximise boot space as with 2 kids and the dog we are usually full to bursting. I think they also allow you to stay outside more than a drive - away tent as very often all we want is a bit of shelter from the wind whilst sitting out so only fit 1 or 2 panels until bedtime.

We have the Comfortz ones with the front door, best accessory we have ever purchased after the Zonesleep.

I have nothing against the Germans but Nicks are made in Great Britain :)

We also have the Comfortz side panels, we keep them packed away in with the chairs in the tailgate. What we love about them is they can be fitted within minutes of pitching up

Another +1 for Comforts, as already said these fit in with the chairs which is a real bonus for us.

The other option is WindBlockers by LillyPad Leisure... less antisocial (very fine mesh), incredibly small, incredibly quick to put on.

WindBlockers

Even keeps most of the rain out!!!

We also carry a set of these under the drivers seat along with awning tie downs, tent pegs, 16oz rubber mallet, lanterns, fluorescent jackets, bicycle tool kit, inner-tubes, spare tyre for the MTB and lots of other goodies

These are our comfortz panels, very well made and easy to fit.
IMG_2666.jpg

We love our confortz sides, great for privacy when on a busy campsite. Nick is also a top bloke and got mine sent to me next day as we were travelling down to France the following day. Good old fashioned customer service which you don't see much of these days

The comfortz full awning is £325 is it possible to buy the sides separately (like one at a time...). You all obviously really like the side panels si we will give it serious thought. Thanks for your comments

Or if you can wait and are going to Cali's on the farm in July you will be able to see all sorts of awnings it's really good for ideas!:)

Totally agree with Spud, Calis on the Farm is great for looking at everyones et up and decising what to buy, we got our topper at COTF and saved around 20% for the show offer

The other option is WindBlockers by LillyPad Leisure... less antisocial (very fine mesh), incredibly small, incredibly quick to put on.

WindBlockers

Even keeps most of the rain out!!!

We also carry a set of these under the drivers seat along with awning tie downs, tent pegs, 16oz rubber mallet, lanterns, fluorescent jackets, bicycle tool kit, inner-tubes, spare tyre for the MTB and lots of other goodies

that LillyPad Leisure site is a bit confusing! of all their options, which size fits the California awning (which I thought was 2.6m wide with a projection of 2m)? I like the look of them but am baffled by the options!!!

that LillyPad Leisure site is a bit confusing! of all their options, which size fits the California awning (which I thought was 2.6m wide with a projection of 2m)? I like the look of them but am baffled by the options!!!
AThe website was too retro for me...
Might nip down to tell them...

Gotta say, that the Comfortz leisure awning panels are the . The customer service from Nick and his dad is second to none.

Hi, does anyone have a picture + dimensions of the Comfort awning panels?

I'd like to understand how much room they would take up to carry...

thanks,

Mark