Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning casing stuck

nigpdreadingfc

nigpdreadingfc

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi folks. I have a new to me 2020 Cali Ocean and have just tried the awning for the first time.
Wound out the awning to 1/2m and all good. Went to lift the casing to pull down the legs, but the rear end is stuck and won't hinge outwards. Front end is OK.
I do t want to force anything in case I break it.
Any ideas for a fix, please? TIA

Hi folks. I have a new to me 2020 Cali Ocean and have just tried the awning for the first time.
Wound out the awning to 1/2m and all good. Went to lift the casing to pull down the legs, but the rear end is stuck and won't hinge outwards. Front end is OK.
I do t want to force anything in case I break it.
Any ideas for a fix, please? TIA
Sorted

Interesting, as we had this same exact problem a few weeks ago. Or at least my parents (who borrowed our Cali) did. Today, when they gave me back our Cali, the problem seemed to have sorted itself out. So I'd be interested to know how you solved the problem, in case it happens again in the future. Myself and other people reading this thread might be helped by it in the future.

Last edited:
Interesting, as we had this same exact problem a few weeks ago. Or at least my parents (who borrowed our Cali) did. Today, when they gave me back our Cali, the problem seemed to have sorted itself out. So I'd be interested to know how you solve dthe problem, in case it happens again in the future. Myself and other peopel reading this thread might be helped by it in the future.
@nigpdreadingfc , how did you sort it?

This was the magic. Just sprayed the hinging mechanism and gave it a sexy little jiggle and it freed itself
WD40.jpg