Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning Advice

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
Hi all

Bit confused about the awning situation. When i take delivery of my Beach it has the Factory pullout awning, which I know we can attach sides two.

I also know you can get tailgate awnings, but we would like is a side awning that uses the existing awning rail on the van, we went a full awning for storage and to use as a changing area.

What sort of thing should be looking at - there is just two of us, so it does not have to be too big.

Any help much appreciated.

James :thumb

Thank you - just having a look now - Google Chrome powered up for translation!

Looks good :)

James

Hi James. We purchased a Khyam drive away tent thats fits the Cali perfectly, it takes 15 mins. to put up & triples the storage area. :thumb

john h-t said:
Hi James. We purchased a Khyam drive away tent thats fits the Cali perfectly, it takes 15 mins. to put up & triples the storage area. :thumb

I've had a look and it looks perfect - thanks!

It also looks like with adaptors we can attach it to the existing awning guttering.

thanks -

James

It fits onto the wind out awning. If you look on the Khyam web site, there is a video showing how it fits to a Cali. If you would like to see a pic, send me a p.m. & I will try and send you a photo of it coupled up.

John

john h-t said:
It fits onto the wind out awning. If you look on the Khyam web site, there is a video showing how it fits to a Cali. If you would like to see a pic, send me a p.m. & I will try and send you a photo of it coupled up.

John

John

That is exactly what we re looking for :)

Picture would be appreciated - but only if it is not too much trouble.

James

john h-t said:

John

Hey John,

Any chance you could send me a pic or two? We're looking to pick up a drive away awning ASAP and I've got a few Khyam tents and love them...

Cheers!
Blakey

Another question on the Khyam Classic: does it come with all the required fittings to work with the Cali or do we need to buy any extras?

Cheers
Blakey

Hi Blakey I think you will need a Kador Strip 6mm to 4mm and also some figure of 8, that way you can connect it directly to the awning channel. I would also consider looking at Outdoor Revolution drive aways as I saw one of these a few weeks ago and they are very good quality http://www.outdoor-revolution.com

Thanks Martin!

We've Jubilee week off work and are looking to take the new born for her first camping experience in the Cali that week - starting with one day and maybe staying longer if it all goes well...

Plan is to go for a couple of weeks to France in late summner. We think the Cali might not be big enough on its own for an extended camp with the little one so we think a drive away is the way to go. That also lets us make a base in a campsite and still go out for day trips in the van.

Cheers
Blakey

We have found a couple of second hand Kyham Motordome Classics up for sale. I think they are the last model before the current one. Can anyone confirm that they still fit the Cali (2011 model Cali)?

Thanks
Blakey

Blakey

Should be no problem as dimensions the same they just changed the colour from blue to grey.

Just checked you will also need a Khyam Double Kador Driveaway Strip 6mm x 6mm. The plastic figure of eight comes with the awning.

Good to see you back hows Lou and the baby doing. :thumb :clap

John

Thanks John! We're looking on eBay now...

Lou is doing great. Hoping to make a meet this summer. Shame we missed Brit at the birth - we asked about her and were told she's moved departments...

In fact she is working early in the ward tomorrow, she is back on bank staff as she cant stay away, as well as also working part time on her new job.

Glad you are all doing well and getting back into using your Cali. May catch up with you in the summer.

John

Would be great to see you guys again. Lou is using the Cali as her day to day vehicle with the little one (a baby girl called Cienna). It works great for that - getting the buggy in the back, easy to change her and privacy glass for feeding too. We have been in a few day trips in it already and are hoping to take her camping over the half term week. We shall see how well Cienna copes with that!

Cheers
Blakey

Back