Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Approaching 7th summer - do I need any special gas, electric or battery servicing?

L

Lavapotman

Vehicle
Just browsing
This is one for those Cali owners who have had their vans for a few years. My 09 Cali is approaching it's 7th trouble free summer. It only does around 4k a year (summer holiday - got to Rome last year - and second car run around). It gets its van servicing when required but should I need the gas system serviced? I guess I should even although it's only on its second bottle of gas in 6 years. And I'm still on all my original batteries - is that normal? Any advice appreciated.

I am the same as you "lavapotman" have now done 115,000 miles, on original leisure batteries, had to have new engine battery 2 years ago, all that happens on a gas service is a pressure test to ensure no leaks and clean burner and jets.

John

Hi,
I too have a 09 cali, was told by Alex ( SMG ) that batteries should be good for 8 years. Believe gas should be checked and certificate issued every 4 years.
Peter.

So if you have it serviced by VW, can they do the Gas Check?

No vw can't do it I believe vw Leicester have a guy come in to do it

Hi,
SMG also got a 'gas man' in to do it.

Peter.

thanks for all your comments. Sounds like batteries ok for now.
I see in another post vwcampersales do test ( every3 years and test and replace hose every 6.)

The rubber hoses on the gas system need careful inspection - below is an extract from Calors website:

In general terms and given reasonably favourable operating conditions, BS3212 or BS EN 1763 flexible hose should last for up to 5 years normal service life.

However, due to the wide range of factors which can adversely affect the integrity of hose, no specific life should be quoted and emphasis must always be made in the absolute necessity for the customer / owner / delivery person to make regular checks on the condition of hoses.

When Zebedee's bodywork is repaired they are removing the gas system. Should I have it checked on return to me?

Back