Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone know how .....

Has someone removed my post and links to another forum I posted for Jen ????

They have always been there, or have been since you posted them,

and thank you :D

I feel far less stupid now,

in fact, I now feel an affinity to a quite exclusive club, except it appears not that exclusive!!

Thank you

Hello Jen,

I have now ordered a trim strip to block of the gap. I wont be getting it till the middle of November but will report back once it has been fitted on how effective it is.
Regarding the post, it did disappear for a short while .Maybe it was hidden and then unhidden .....I don't know , maybe it was just a glitch ....but its there now for anyone who wants to read up on the topic and take it from there.

Hello Jen,

I have now ordered a trim strip to block of the gap. I wont be getting it till the middle of November but will report back once it has been fitted on how effective it is.
Regarding the post, it did disappear for a short while .Maybe it was hidden and then unhidden .....I don't know , maybe it was just a glitch ....but its there now for anyone who wants to read up on the topic and take it from there.
Any chance of posting the link to this chaps Facebook page? Searching on his name brings up a reference to a Greenhouse Installer.

Hi Welshgas,

That seems to be the chap.I contacted him and did the transaction via paypal.

He advertises on this facebook page : The VW T5 Daily Forum
but I don't know how too do a direct link to the actual posting but this is the T5 page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1477128335874426/

and if you scroll down a bit through the timeline you will see a video and photos.

Perhaps try to contact him via his email and verify.

martin.kincey@yahoo.co.uk

I thought I wasn't losing it. This has now appeared on part of my posting which included a photo and links.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Whats going on with the Admins please ? is the forum being censored ?

Are you a trader? Maybe thats why

I thought I wasn't losing it. This has now appeared on part of my posting which included a photo and links.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Whats going on with the Admins please ? is the forum being censored ?

The forum is not censored.

Like any public discussion area it has rules, boundaries, objectives, limitations.

Your messages have been going to an "awaiting moderator approval" list. I don't know why, perhaps because of your registration, or the links that you posted etc. Most of what goes to that list are to protect this website from being inundated with irrelevant images that would slow it to a crawl if allowed, or to filtering out potential spam that could put some of our users at risk.

I will pass your concerns on.

The post was removed to protect our members if you want to advertise a product for sale and put up payment details you will have to contact admin

RULES
Commercial posts (including Private Messages to our members ) promoting your products/services are not allowed on VW California Forum unless you have prior permission from our moderator team.

Commercial signatures, including those with links to company websites, are not allowed. Links to company websites in profile information are also forbidden.

Posts which contravene these rules and take advantage of the open nature of VW California Forum will be removed without notice.

Many thanks the forum team

I personally can't see a problem with someone recommending a product (they have no links with) to members who might find it very useful.

Its alright until something goes wrong or the said person is a rougue then the forum owners get asked why did you let them on here. Anyway i think it is only right to contact admin first.
I am only following forum rules

A few points:

1. I understand the need to protect members at all times.

2. I am not a trader.I am not the one selling anything.I am not linked in any way too the person selling the items.

I think the rules in this case are a load of nonsense and and each case should be taken on merit.
My post was a genuine attempt to suggest a practical solution to a problem a member had encountered. As it turns out it is a problem encountered by most owners of T5's / Cali's-----myself included.

I fail to see how references to another forum are anything but constructive and helpful.
You have in effect denied the members of this forum something that may have been of practical help.
If that's not censorship and protectionist ...... I'm not sure what is.

What harm has been done ? I spent quite a bit of my own time trying to find a solution to a problem encountered by another member ( and myself ) only too be denied the opportunity to share that information on this forum.

Is this forum set up to serve its members / community or the people who are making money running it. ?

By all means tell everyone about this great product put a link to his fb page let members
Make there own mind up about it thats not a problem but putting up his paypal address is

Thanks for clearing that up, much clearer now.

Ok---now I understand a bit better that its been explained.
The problem is the paypal address ?

To save any more issues can I suggest anyone interested in these dash strips pm me mid-late November and I will have had a chance to fit the one I have ordered and give an honest unbiased assessment.
They can then make up their own minds whether they want to contact the seller. ?

Ordered one myself. Thanks dips.

Hi Welshgas,

You should get yours fitted before I get mine as I will be away when mine arrives so perhaps you could do a review for other members ?

I spoke to a chap who works up near Stroud yesterday. I bought some edging for the bottom of the gas bottle from him 3 weeks ago. He deals with the rubber edging strips used in the car industry. I knew he had just bought a T5 which he plans to convert into a vehicle for recreation and camping. He hadn't noticed the gap in front of the dash but went outside whilst we were talking. He found parking tickets, etc down the front of his.
He is going to order something in that will fill up this gap and send me one.
I was going to bring it along to the meet in Tewksbury on the 1st. If people think it is of interest I'll pass the details and contact on to the Shop Admin who can decide how to proceed. He guessed at £10 inc postage. Simon

Anyway, thanks for the links to removing the speaker cover. Worked a treat. I can now return a gate fob to a campsite in Annecy and get my 30 euro deposit back!!

The plastic strap bands they use around boxes,it is the perfect tool if it will not come out with just that use double sided tape on it and try again, I use it all the time for removing parking tickets that have slid down there

Got my Dashstrip today. Fitted perfectly. Exact length with no gaps.
Came coiled in a Jiffy bag so left it stretched out in a warm room for an hour so that it was straight.
Once fitted it looked as if had always been there.

I had already heard how easy it was to lose tickets etc behind the dash, so have been careful & not lost anything yet (I think...).

But this thread reminded me of the problem, so I looked to see if I had anything lying around which could fill the gap.
I found a length of 10mm plastic tubing, which seems to jam nicely in the gap.
Time will tell if it stays in place.

Then I wondered if the gap actually had any useful function...
- Defroster vents?
- Condensation drain?
- Other??

I guess it has no function, but am not sure.
Anybody know for certain?

Back