Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another fuse question...I can hear the collective groan

KevH

KevH

Retired and loving it
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Both USB-C sockets, mounted near the gear knob, have failed. The 12v socket next to them remains live (switched through the ignition).
I have looked at the site resources, in particular the brilliant diagrams posted by @Loz, and so have checked all of the 10A and 20A fuses that I can pull both under the passenger seat and below the light controls. In desperation I pulled the 15A and 5A too, All are fine.
Except that I cannot pull them all; some seem to be clamped in, as illustrated at the bottom right in this diagram. Ignore the yellow circle.
So my questions are; does anybody have clue as to where the fuse for the USB-C sockets might be?
And how the heck do I remove/check those pesky clamped fuses in the image? I just can't seem to pull them out, even with one of those little tools.

I feel like a right numpty asking. Any help will be greatly appreciated, as always.

1680249190670-png.106666

Do you have a multimeter? I have always tested fuses in situ. Makes it alot easier.

My documentation shows sc15 a 10A fuse in the Dash Panel behind/below Headlight Switch as the likely candidate.

Sorry I'm not at my computer at the moment.

Both USB-C sockets, mounted near the gear knob, have failed. The 12v socket next to them remains live (switched through the ignition).

My 12v socket at that place is not switched through the ignition and I also have a T6.1 Ocean 150. Are you sure about that (I'm asking because I would prefer it that way) ?

My documentation shows sc15 a 10A fuse in the Dash Panel behind/below Headlight Switch as the likely candidate.

Brilliant, I'll try that.
can I ask what your documentation is?
:thanks

My 12v socket at that place is not switched through the ignition and I also have a T6.1 Ocean 150. Are you sure about that (I'm asking because I would prefer it that way) ?
The 12v fag lighter socket is live only with the ignition on. I had assumed it would be permanently live, as the one on the top of the dash is.
Neither usb-c socket is live at the moment with or without ignition.
It all makes me think that the looms had no instructions when delivered and the leckies did their own thing...I do hope I am wrong.

ask what your documentation is
A file called T6.1_Fuse_layout.pdf on my phone. The metadata attributes it to someone with a mac who probably downloaded it from erwin in 2021.

The 12v fag lighter socket is live only with the ignition on. I had assumed it would be permanently live, as the one on the top of the dash is.
Neither usb-c socket is live at the moment with or without ignition.
It all makes me think that the looms had no instructions when delivered and the leckies did their own thing...I do hope I am wrong.

T5.1 is live on all 12v sockets, even with ignition off.

Ah, so it turns out I tested the 13v cigarette socket with a dodgy adapter. You are right, it is permanent live.
I never leave anything plugged in to it and did assume it was always live, so this is good news.
Many thanks.

Thanks @yossarian but that slot is unallocated in my van. I checked all the remaining 10A with no joy.
Many thanks anyway.

In theory, if you plug your vin into Erwin, you'll get back the correct fuse table and current flow diagrams for your van.

In theory, if you plug your vin into Erwin, you'll get back the correct fuse table and current flow diagrams for your van.
I have looked at buying some erwin time, however I was put off by a disclaimer on the payment page which states that private owners cannot (now?) access vehicle specific information via a VIN.
On doing some googling I came across several Australian threads that referred to VW preventing such access through fear of individuals carrying out repairs to electric vehicles and possibly electrocuting themselves. VW say that their system won't be updated to separate out electric from non-electric VINs.
I may be reading this all wrong of course...

Back