Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another battery question

V

VWCaliforniaT5

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
We have a well looked after 2006 T5 which we use daily and I was checking the batteries before I go on a trip to Scotland. The attached photos show the reading after charging and the then unplugged and after about 12+ hours of the fridge being on.
I have one night without hook up and want to know if the batteries look like they could run the heater all night if needed. I don't want to be freezing my doofers off in the night!!

Thanks in advance.

20230927_214447.jpg

20230927_082055.jpg

20230927_082019.jpg

We have a well looked after 2006 T5 which we use daily and I was checking the batteries before I go on a trip to Scotland. The attached photos show the reading after charging and the then unplugged and after about 12+ hours of the fridge being on.
I have one night without hook up and want to know if the batteries look like they could run the heater all night if needed. I don't want to be freezing my doofers off in the night!!

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 115212

View attachment 115213

View attachment 115214
They should do, but be aware that the Parking Heater takes a lot of power to start up, so if you are not on EHU it is more efficient to start it and just vary the temperature up or down as required rather than repeatedly starting and stopping it. It uses very little power to run continuously and very little fuel.

Thanks Welsh Gas I had seen that regarding the heater
Also, if cold enough to need the heating on then the fridge will use less.

Another tip I use to maximise battery use.

Start the Parking Heater before you arrive at your camping spot. NB the heater can be run whilst driving.
This way the heavy power consumption is carried by the alternator rather than leisure battery.

Likewise , although not required, only ignition ON is required, run the engine whilst raising the roof. Once again the electrical load will be taken by the alternator rather than Leisure batteries.

All these amps saved add up.